The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 11:01 AM

romanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of light
Default ROSS REELs & Rods big sale

hey guys
just wanted to share, i went to Wideopenspaces.com just now
and they have ROSS REELS sale going on, really good discounts too 40-70% off
Essence FW and Diamond rods? dont know much about them.
Vexix and Flow reels

rods seem to have higher discounts vs reels, but still good deals.
i just wish i knew more about these rods, maybe i'd pick up a 7wt (for when im ready to do some bigger fishing )
Old 11-13-2012, 11:22 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: ROSS REELs & Rods big sale

The essence rods can be found on sale all over the place. Sierra Trading post has a bunch too. I have one, its alright. its an 11wt, I didnt pay very much for it at all. they arent very attractive rods. Mines and ugly dark grey blank with grey wraps on the guides. The epoxy is prone to yellowing with age and looking kinda janky but they sure work. The owner of my favorite local shop uses a 10wt for tarpon and its boated many fish, including his biggest at 165 lbs

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 11-19-2012, 12:13 PM

double dry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ROSS REELs & Rods big sale

I've a couple of Essence rods and Flystart reels that have over 500 trips apiece. Not pretty, but bulletproof!