The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 10:55 PM

romanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of light
Talking got myself a gift

came in the mail today *(ordered on thursday)
bought it USED-Very Good condition on amazon. looks like its brand new and only a bit scratched/dusty from sitting on a shelf.
very excite to go though it in detail

Click the image to open in full size.
thewalker1013 and baseman1 like this.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:56 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of
Default Re: got myself a gift

Very nice! I hope you thanked you!
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:06 PM

romanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of light

for me being so nice to myslelf i might have to buy me a thank you gift.
i do need wading boots, maybe ill get that
Old 11-19-2012, 11:19 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a great copy of the quintessential text on the subject, congrats! milt.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:44 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Great book! Congrats, enjoy the read. It'll give you a list of fish to catch, a better understanding of them and where they live, and it'll make you sad to read about the ones that are extinct. Good read.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:48 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Behnke has produced some of the best research works out there for those who wish to learn about trout. While I enjoy a good read for entertainment I have always gravitated to books like you have here. Take your time and soak it in, the more you know about the various species, their behavior / ecology, the more you'll enjoy time on a river or creek.

Good choice,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-20-2012, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
Great book! Congrats, enjoy the read. It'll give you a list of fish to catch, a better understanding of them and where they live, and it'll make you sad to read about the ones that are extinct. Good read.
thats exactly the first thing i thought of.
im already looking through my pictures of fish i caught and trying to use PostIts to mark off trout in the book that i have caught and where.
this might just drive me nuts and i honestly now believe i should attempt at catching all fish in that book (with in states that i travel to/live in) and that are not extinct yet
williamhj likes this.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:21 AM

cowpokey is on a distinguished road

After looking at the preview pages on Amazon, it looks great. Since I'm always interested in learning more, so I just ordered a copy too. Thanks for the thread.
romanl likes this.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:27 AM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanl View Post
for me being so nice to myslelf i might have to buy me a thank you gift.
i do need wading boots, maybe ill get that
Just picked myself up some new Korkers and love them feel wise, have not had a chance to take them in any water yet, but they are very light and great quality from what I can tell, plus the quick lacing system is pretty niffty.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuie675 View Post
Just picked myself up some new Korkers and love them feel wise, have not had a chance to take them in any water yet, but they are very light and great quality from what I can tell, plus the quick lacing system is pretty niffty.
you got BOA ones? did you get the ones with 1 sole or with interchangeable?
im also looking at their BOA rubber sole ones, backcountry.com has 30% of on them right now, so thinking about ordering a pair
how's sizing on them?