The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2008, 11:32 AM

Exclusive Reels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ari 't Hart Fly Reels

Hi All,

My name is Roger and I am president of Exclusive Reels. We are the worldwide distributor for Ari 't Hart reels and would like your feedback. Please visit the website at exclusivereels.com and post any comments you have. The reels by nature are very pricey as they are produced in very limited numbers.

Thank you in advance,

Roger
Old 01-10-2008, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ari 't Hart Fly Reels

Welcome to the group! Ari makes some gorgeous winches, but I'm fairly sure they're permanently out of my price range.

Is the Triliogy actually machined from solid Ti stock?

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:08 PM

Hi Cliff,

The spools are madeout of airframe aluminum and weigh nothing. The backplate is titanium. Thanks for the support.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:59 PM

fatguide is on a distinguished road

Sorry, this might make me sound like a jerk but I don't feel this is the proper place for someone to hock their wares.

fish or DIE
Old 01-10-2008, 08:10 PM

FlyFisher77 is on a distinguished road

I agree, if you want to push your product, buy an advertisment.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:34 PM

steely is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclusive Reels View Post
Hi All,

My name is Roger and I am president of Exclusive Reels. We are the worldwide distributor for Ari 't Hart reels and would like your feedback. Please visit the website at exclusivereels.com and post any comments you have. The reels by nature are very pricey as they are produced in very limited numbers.

Thank you in advance,

Roger
AWESOME!! Now I can advertise the hell out of my awesome meat product. I am a representive for the hormel corporation, and let me tell you about the best product ever!! Just go to our website at What is SPAMĀ®? | SPAM.com and find out!!

http://www.spamgift.com/ProductList.aspx?Category={505D2888-EF00-4C99-BDFE-4AACCF5CE0E6}
Old 01-10-2008, 11:37 PM

Default The best meat ever!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatguide View Post
Sorry, this might make me sound like a jerk but I don't feel this is the proper place for someone to hock their wares.
No, this is the perfect place!! Send me a PM and I will be happy to have a small toothpick sample of our finest meat sent to you!

Steely- Proud rep for the Hormel Corporation
Old 01-11-2008, 12:39 AM

I see I have offended many of you and the sarcasm runs thick. The way I see it, I thought it would be an interesting resource for me to personally to get feedback from outsiders other than our clients of which I already know their opinion. They would not have bought it otherwise. We advertise in many publications worldwide and this was not a cheap way to grab some attention but a genuine way to be able to get some personal feedback. I apologise for the intrusion.

The last time I checked, having a conversation with the bosses at Hardy or Orvis or any company is not an easy thing. I opened myself up for critisism as that is what will make our company better in the long term.

My apologies!

Roger
Old 01-11-2008, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclusive Reels View Post
I opened myself up for critisism as that is what will make our company better in the long term.

Roger
No, every single small company that no one has heard of would love to go on all the boards and say, hey guys, what do you think of our product, check it out at Hormel Foods > Home (make sure to buy a lot, maybe I can buy a ari hart!). You think you did nothing wrong? Go register at speypages.com, and post the same message in tackle, then come back here and tell us the results.

The *damage* you are doing is to the reputation to Ari hart fly reels. In 3 years I have not seen such a flagrant spammer. You should call up all the sales reps for Sage and ask them to be a sales rep, and hope they can dig you out of the hole you are getting yourself into

And you really think we are gullible enough to think that Hardy or Orvis buys your reels? If you want feedback, spend the 12 hours a day travelling to shops to get the feedback like everyone else. I will be waiting for your post on speypages.com
Old 01-11-2008, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Calm down folks

I interpreted his initial post as having elements of both of a "simple intro with a here's my involvement in the fly tackle industry, feel free to ask me questions about it" and a "free plug for a company without buying an ad".

Doing the latter once, while being a bit sneakily opportunistic, is not call for the condemnation the post recieved. I also think his apology was sufficient and I hope the acrimony and personal attacks are over. If members of the board have an issue with the nature of another member's posts, let the admins know, and we'll take care of it.

Steely, if you want to post something in the "Lodge Den" section about "here's all the great ways to use Spam, etc while out camping.... and by the way I work for the manufacturer", knock yourself out.

Its not like the guy is an Apple rep plugging the iPhone. This is a Fly Fishing board after all.

I'm just trying to keep things as civil as possible.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.