The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 03:54 PM

45fisher is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rod Storage

I their tubes, in the "Man-Cave!"

Larry
Old 12-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I have seen all sort of display & storage variances over the years but have always found that the tubes stand with a slight tilt in a corner just fine. The only thing I do special is to keep the tops of the tubes having cane rods loose. The really amazing thing is how they seem to have reproduced since the late 1980's, back then there were only a couple but now there are a bunch I'm keeping those Spey rod tubes very close to one another and hoping that they will get me a nice little 6/7 weight rod for grayling fishing.

Ard
swirlchaser likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-29-2012, 11:37 AM

alligator is on a distinguished road

I keep my rods with their reels in rod and reel cases. That way they're ready to go on a trip or just as importantly to practice casting in the yard. If there's a downside to this, besides purchasing the cases and reels, please let me know.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:42 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Go to rods on the walls so I don't have to mess with tubes and socks all the time. The rods that I have no idea why I bought are in the closet in tubes
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:18 PM

wtl is on a distinguished road

I'm still working on coming up with something better. Right now, I keep my pack rods in a violin case fitted with foam inserts. I like being able to keep the reel on the rod, and I also dislike having to thread rods down a tube.

I kinda like those fishpond carriers, but I don't like spending over $100 for storage.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:50 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Like many others I just store them in the corner of The Bedroom,most of them have Rod Tubes/Rod/Reel Cases.
Brian.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:13 PM

fishnskiguy is a jewel in the roughfishnskiguy is a jewel in the roughfishnskiguy is a jewel in the roughfishnskiguy is a jewel in the rough

I built this as last winter's woodworking project:

It's made from Colorado beetle killed pine- that's what gives the wood the blue stain.

These hand cut dovetails took a while, but they were worth the effort.

I have added two wonderful Sweetgrass bamboo rods to this collection since these photos were taken.

Chris