The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 08:22 PM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Would you have 2 rods?? question for you all

I live in MO and I fish the streams. Where do I start. You have the North Fork of the White, Norfork, Niangua river, Current river, Of course, you have Tany. Also, you have Crooked creek, Buffalo river, Spring river, Roaring river, Dry run creek. I like fishing the rivers rather than the parks. If you want more info, PM me and I'll let you know more about it. We can get into Arkansas too, if you want.

These are just the places that I know that have trout. There are many small-mouth streams, also.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:19 PM

long bow will become famous soon enough

I'd for sure go with two rods. Nothing it better than having a dry and wet rigging when out and need to make a quick switch.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:24 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

keep the bvk...no use in selling something that you really like to fish.
sounds like you have a wide variety of fishing options available too you
enjoy what ever you choose to get.

casey

ARFE
Old 12-04-2012, 11:16 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by luked View Post
i do like the TFO and i mainly right now jsut nymph fish for the biggest portion of mu fishing. but i want a nice dry fly rod also which the TFO is ok but honestly i would really like to have the Sage one. i did look at the Sage Circa also and it was a sweet stick as well.

as for someone who said something about fishing the streams...where are they at? i really dont know of any around here for trout other than the parks. i know there are the ribbon streams is that what you were talking about?
I'm not sure where im MO you live. But this older fellow that works the Fly Fishing area at the Cabelas in StL was very helpful and informative when I went down there 2 summers ago.. I went and fished Little Piney I believe it was called.. not a very little stream by any means.. but I think it was a 2 hr drive south of StL... at the time a lot of the streams in the StL area were blown out due to lots of rain.. But I know there is no shortage of great fishing down that way as I have a buddy that is from MO and was a hardcore trouter down that way..
Old 12-04-2012, 11:21 PM

lotech_joe has a spectacular aura aboutlotech_joe has a spectacular aura about

I've sold or traded a lot of rods. I've also come to find out that I miss almost all of them. If you can afford it, keep the TFO. I truly miss the one I had.
Hardyreels and jaybo41 like this.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:50 PM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

Fly rods are like shoes to women. You can never have too many. If you can afford to keep both I would do it.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:11 AM

thewalker1013 has a spectacular aura aboutthewalker1013 has a spectacular aura about

I agree... I've only gotten rid of one rod (didn't like it or "need" it one bit), and out of the eight I currently have I the stable there is really only one that I'd swap out; it's just more rod than I usually need... Wish someone would have told me that if I liked my other Sages in a 5 wt, to go with the 499 instead of the 599...

Then again, I may just have to make it my "big river, heavy setup boat rod" and get the BVK 3 wt w/conversion kit to be my "go-to smaller stream and river nymph stick"... I think I just decided that 9 is a nice, round number of rods to have
Old 12-05-2012, 02:08 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Keep it. Every fisherman needs a quiver.
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:54 AM

utah daveii will become famous soon enoughutah daveii will become famous soon enough
Default Keep em...

But then again you are talking to a guy who owns 3 590 fly rods. 2- 586. 2-490, 1 480, 1 690,1-890 and 383 and I still want a 489 circa to add to my quiver.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:00 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Keep the TFO and go out and buy the Sage One. It's a nice blank and you'll probably be throwing most of your dries with it going forward.

Pocono