The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 01:44 PM

wsender is on a distinguished road
Default Allen & Co.

I'm a new member here and have just been recently introduced to the Allen & Co. line of products. There stuff looks really great and the reviews/testimonials have been glowing.

However, I haven't seen anyone talk about the vest on their site.

I'm in the market for a tech pack vest. I've had my eye set on the Fishpond Tech Pack w/ vest (not sure of the model name, but it's the one that's sold for $189.99 pretty much every where). Now that I've seen the Allen & Co. sells a very similar product for much less, I'm very intrigued.

So I was wondering if anyone could weigh in on the Allen & Co Tech Pack/Vest? Is it comparable to the Fishpond? Ideally, I'd love for someone to weigh in who has had both, but any anyone who has one (or at least seen one) would be great too.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Allen & Co.

Hey wsender,

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum

I don't have any experience with either the Allen or the Fishpond Tech Pack/Vest, but hopefully others that have will weigh in,
Old 07-23-2010, 03:34 PM

Thank you. Seems like a nice place!
Old 07-23-2010, 08:05 PM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to all

Hi WSender..

Welcome to the board. Please call me anyime. 574-855-7100. I'd be happy to help you with anything.

Thanks. Have a good weekend,

Justin
Old 07-24-2010, 09:56 PM

ncyankee is on a distinguished road

Haven't checked out the vest yet, but Justin has been more than accomodating when it comes to customer service. The quality of the products that I have received have been better than I really have expected.

If you have any questions/concerns, I'm sure that he will put them at ease. If you do order a vest, please post a review, as I've been thinking of picking one up soon also.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:48 AM

I do have a quick question, so I'll call on Monday.

But in the mean time, if you're around, can you post maybe a few higher resolution photos? I'd really like to get a good look at the thing.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:02 PM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to all

Hello,

Sure, however I'm away this weekend and not on my computer with the photos of the pack. I can get some to you on Monday.

Thanks

Justin