The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 04:16 PM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold
Default The Fly Fishing Show - Denver

Recently heard about "The Fly Fishing Show" in Denver coming up in early January. I have never been to such a show, but hope to change that here very soon! It sounds like lots of fun. Is anyone else planning on going?

-Chase
Old 12-10-2012, 06:28 PM

nickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: The Fly Fishing Show - Denver

I'll be going. There are lots of things to do there. I have the flyer somewhere in the house, you can also find the info on their website.. google.. I always find some unique artwork there.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:10 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

I'll plan to be there. Not sure how much time I'll get to spend, but I'm glad the Sportsman's expo and fly fishing show are different weekends this year. It was hard to find time to go to both last year.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:04 PM

double dry is on a distinguished road

It's a good show. Some great presenters there.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:09 AM

brucerducer will become famous soon enoughbrucerducer will become famous soon enough

Fly Fishing Show Denver, CO

(or, in plain English):

Welcome to
Denver, CO

Denver Merchandise Mart

January 4, 5, 6 2013

Show Hours: Fri 10 - 6; Sat 9 - 5:30; Sun 9 - 4:30

Admission: Adult: $15 for one day,
$25 for two-day pass,
$35 for three-day pass;
Children under 5 free, under 12: $2
Scouts under 16 in uniform: free
Active Military: $10
Cash only at the gate

Regardless of the weather, the show will go on!

Announcements:
The Federation of Fly Fishers is pleased to offer FREE fly fishing instruction at the FFF Learning Center located at the FFF booth. Basic fly casting- fly tying- knot tying will be taught throughout the day-every day of the Fly Fishing Show.

Back again: The International Fly Fishing Film Festival. One night only, Friday, January 4 at 6:30. Tickets are $15 at the door or $10 in advance or with a paid Fly Fishing Show admission for that day. See Fly Fishing Show for more details.

================================================== =================

The SPORTSMAN's EXPO @ http://www.sportsexpos.com/index.cfm...cationnumber=3

(or in plain English):

Colorado Convention Center
700 14th Street
Denver, CO 80202

Parking: FREE Parking & Shuttles at Coors Field. Ride light rail to the Convention Center station.

Denver

Jan. 17-20, 2013
(Thursday to Sunday)

HOURS:

Thursday

Noon to 9:00 pm

Friday

Noon to 9:00 pm

Saturday

10:00 am to 8:00 pm

Sunday

10:00 am to 5:00 pm

TICKETS

$15.00 Adult

FREE - Youth and Children under 16 years

FREE - Active Military with military ID card
Old 12-11-2012, 07:16 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

I missed last years show, if the wx cooperates I plan on going, but it is a long drive for me, so I will be looking at the wx forecast pretty hard.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:39 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future

I find our Eastern equivalent show at Somerset a must attend event. Yes there are fly tying materials galore from countless vendors so you can pick out precisely what you like, all the fly tiers themselves, presenters on diverse subjects and industry professionals from most major and many minor tackle companies. No fly shop can offer the opportunity to test cast so many different rods, spin the handles on so many reels and ask questions of the factory reps that shop clerks might not know the inside scoop on. And then there is the opportunity to see friends from different parts of the country that you only see when fishing at their destination where it not for the show. Sometimes I learn more at the bar after the show closes than among the isles of booths.
imxer, mcnerney and fredaevans like this.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:07 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

We have a very scaled down version of this here in Southern Oregon (all out door sports actually) with 'big one's' in Portland and Bend. One thing I've learned is bring money, lots and lots of money for the 'gotta have's.' Love the ticket pricing; who ever thought that up deserves a Medal.

Fred
Old 12-11-2012, 06:20 PM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold

I really hope I can go, it depends on the weather and work schedule. It's only 200 miles for me, so not too bad. Look forward to meeting some people if I do end up going...
Old 12-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold

Last year was my first year attending as well as having a booth. Great show. Lots of great people to BS aboout fishing with. I am looking forward to seeing / talking with many of our CO loyal customers. See you at show...

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com