The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 05:14 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: My father inlaws work

i love carved wood, and i gotta say thats right up there with some of the best carved murals ive ever seen, ever!
your father in law is a true master wood carver.
bravo charles

casey

ARFE
Old 12-12-2012, 05:20 PM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

I took a day and helped him, I sat there and fetched stuff for him, on this project and it is amazing watching a piece of the tree turn into a rock or a fish. I helped him bring it home to work on it and it was extremely rough (I will find some early photos) and to see it complete was amazing. He didn't take any payment other than some carving tools and spent 3 years working on this. I watched him take 1 hour to do one eye on a fish just to get it right. I don't have that patience. Thank you all for your kind words on this as I will pass them on when he comes over to babysit on Saturday.

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover
Old 12-12-2012, 06:26 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseman1 View Post
He will be. For now I think he would take orders on facebook until he has the capital to build a proper site.
What's his Facebook address?

Pocono
Old 12-12-2012, 06:32 PM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

https://www.facebook.com/chuck.clark.524

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover
Old 12-13-2012, 05:37 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!

Pocono
Old 12-13-2012, 07:36 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

That is beautiful work indeed! Any description I attribute would be insufficient.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:12 PM

thorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseman1 View Post
I took a day and helped him, I sat there and fetched stuff for him, on this project and it is amazing watching a piece of the tree turn into a rock or a fish. I helped him bring it home to work on it and it was extremely rough (I will find some early photos) and to see it complete was amazing. He didn't take any payment other than some carving tools and spent 3 years working on this. I watched him take 1 hour to do one eye on a fish just to get it right. I don't have that patience. Thank you all for your kind words on this as I will pass them on when he comes over to babysit on Saturday.
Hello,

You can tell him that this work is also one of the most wonderful work I have ever seen. It blows my mind when I also see details like the water surface with the caudal fin of the salmon which breaks through - what a GREAT IDEA
baseman1 likes this.

THORSTEN