The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Hardyreels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 12:42 PM

mbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the rough
Default Driftless Area Video

A video I worked on. Some great fly fishing footage.

When I was 19 I fell in love with Iowa. It stopped just being the place I was born, where I’m from, where I live. I was given a copy of the Iowa Sportman’s Atlas. I have spent many days since chasing fish in the rivers and streams...

Forum Rules, The Short List;

Last edited by Hardyreels; 12-13-2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Unpaid Advertising
Old 12-13-2012, 02:44 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Driftless Area Video

Man.. I thought the video was cool.. until I realized it was just an ad for hipster fly fishing gear
Old 12-13-2012, 03:06 PM

il_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura aboutil_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura about

im not sure i quite get it?

Illinois Wisconsin Fishing
Old 12-13-2012, 03:48 PM

mbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
Man.. I thought the video was cool.. until I realized it was just an ad for hipster fly fishing gear
It's actually a 60 year old men's clothing store founded by a Jewish immigrant who survived the Holocaust because he could sew uniforms for the Nazi soldiers. We carry suits from companies with century old traditions like Luigi Bianchi and Oxxford. Heritage brands Filson, Barbour, Schott, Gant, and Wolverine are among our wares. New American denim companies Imogene and Willie, Raleigh Denim, and Baldwin Denim also have a place in our store.

Do we want you to buy clothes from us? Sure. Should that subtract from what is a really cool video about trout fishing?

A quote from our site:

When I was 19 I fell in love with Iowa. It stopped just being the place I was born, where Iím from, where I live. I was given a copy of the Iowa Sportmanís Atlas. I have spent many days since chasing fish in the rivers and streams. More importantly I realized how many interesting people and places exist between the two great rivers that border the state. We spent a weekend in late October trout fishing the Driftless area of Northeast Iowa. We took pictures and highlighted some of the products we now carry in the store and online. This is part of a series highlighting the people, places and products that make Des Moines, and Iowa, special. This Holiday season and into the new year we encourage you to shop local. Local businesses are what make your community yours. Take ownership of your city and the places that make it special to you by making them your first stop. Explore and youíll be surprised that you donít have to travel too far from home to try something new. - Kevin

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by il_wi_fishing View Post
im not sure i quite get it?
It's a video about some friends fly fishing for trout. I thought you might like it since this is a fly fishing forum. Also, I'm trying to scam people into buy clothes from me.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hopefully I can shed some insight into why the link was removed and replaced with another.

I have only been a part of the membership community on this fly fishing forum for a little over 5 years. When I joined the membership was relatively small and there were very few business sponsors present either. In the years that passed since my registering here there have been many changes. The original forum was sold to Fish & FLy LTD. of the UK. and through that change of ownership we experienced many upgrades in the quality of our software and took on a new look to the internet fly fishing world. Our membership has boomed to nearly 35,000 registered members and just 2 days ago we had our 1,000,000 'th visitor for 2012. Thats one million hits on this site from one million different IP addresses. Our total number of people logging onto the forum during the course of an average year now is 1,460,000 members & guests coming and going with 4,000 daily being average. This level of traffic represents a fertile web presence for business minded persons to get their message, ideas, or products, viewed by a very large number of fly fish minded people. We would encourage small businesses to consider becoming advertisers on the forum but we will not allow any links to business ventures to piggyback on the forums success just because we are here. While we allow business & blog links to be inserted into a 'signature' here (frankly a practice I do not understand) no post that serves wholly to 'redirect' the members to another internet web site is allowed unless that poster is a Business member.

This forum was built to its current quality of content by thousands of individuals participating in discussions. They answer questions. They ask questions. They write text about their fishing and fly tying and they often post pictures to accompany their text.

If there were no watchdogs here this would be nothing more than a bulletin board filled with links to personal blogs, web endeavors, businesses, and home movies being posted to our pages. I believe that is what Goggle or You Tube are. You type in a series of search words and you are directed to corresponding entity's on the web. If your search words have led you to The North American Fly Fishing Forum, then you have the option to register and become part of the discussion, the information sharing or just to read. If you have something you would like to promote on the forum you should begin by looking around to find the proper avenues for doing so.

I doubt very much that any blogger or business owner be they retail or a guide service would appreciate posting to their reviews, comments, or blogs for the purpose of placing links to my business and blog on their sites. Anyone who registers has the option to become a business member but the days of free self promotion are coming to an end here.

I'm done for now,

Ard
imxer, mcnerney and rockriver like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-13-2012, 04:54 PM

Ok. Is there a way to post the video without a link? It seems like relevant content to me, but if you don't think so I'll stop wasting my time sharing a cool video about fishing that I'm proud to be a part of.