The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 03:17 PM

popperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly
Default Before & After

I know this is not fly fishing related but close,

Time to buy new waders and clothes since I have lost 36 plus pounds since mid September. I can now swim in my current waders and I dropped two sizes in clothes, good excuse to purchase new fishing attire with my Christmas money J I took the before picture in Arizona @ Nissan Tech Center on September 27 and the after picture same place on December 7

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !
Old 12-20-2012, 03:25 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: Before & After

Right on! Whats the secret?
Old 12-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Congratulations Keven, (spelling.......)

That's a remarkable change in such short time!

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-20-2012, 04:05 PM

osok will become famous soon enoughosok will become famous soon enough

Congrats! Hope you get alot of money for xmas as besides waders you may need new boots, pants, shirts, gloves, hats, sun glasses. Thats alot of weight in only 2 - 1/2 months. Do you have less energy after losing so fast? What weight loss program did you use?

Most important question is are you catching more fish?
Old 12-20-2012, 04:27 PM

popperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
Right on! Whats the secret?
Thanks guy's

Wt bash,

Just watching my intake.

My secret is no sweets or breads, just trying to keep the sugar and carbohydrates level at their lowest. My father’s lost a leg December 6 from diabetes and I don’t want to follow his footsteps since I am a type 2 diabetic. The doctor said a couple of weeks ago if I stay on this path she will eventually take me off my Metformin completely.....good news to my ears.

Osok,

I have ten times more energy now than back a few months ago and definitely catching more fish…….I can cover more river now J

Old 12-20-2012, 04:42 PM

newby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of light

Right on! What are ya doin' down here in AZ?
Old 12-20-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newby View Post
Right on! What are ya doin' down here in AZ?
I had testing to perform on the new Infiniti G at the Nissan Tech Center.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

This is a good thread! I know people who have diabetic problems and I have lobbied for over 20 years that the diet was at the root of their health issues. Neither has changed their spots and they are on the same countermeasure you are taking. One fellow is in danger of losing both feet at this time but continues to eat sweets and a high fat diet.

They say "talks cheep" and that it's easy for me to tell someone else what to do or how to live, but I try to practice what I preach and do not understand the direction my friends have chose. I wish you great success in seeing the day your doctor gives you a clean bill of health in relation to being on that medication.

Ard
mcnerney likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-21-2012, 11:05 AM

osok will become famous soon enoughosok will become famous soon enough

The big D disease seems to be on a tear into familes how a days. And yes it seems most all people you know with it are overweight. A few exceptions are just unlucky and their body can not process sugar properly. I watched my mother die a slow horrible death due to it. First the toes went, then the legs, then blindness and finally heart disease, all due to Diabeties.

Again Congrats on the weight loss and good luck keeping it off. Witnessing your father's experience can be a big influence.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:07 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! That's gotta feel very good, physically and knowing you've impacted your long-term health in a very positive way.