The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 10:00 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of
Default Merry Christmas and best of the Season

I don't adjust my belief's and thoughts for anyone but myself so I truly hope nobody finds my greeting offensive. I have learned more about tolerance, if not acceptance, this year than any before.
I was ill through most of 2012 and mostly alone, though sometimes alone was good. I met a number of unusual people through my illness and found myself again in the process.
I found out one day when I sought to do something unthinkable that there is a higher power there, call him/her God or any other name I have long known there was more to life than a sudden end. The voice that saved me is still with me today and I am alive because of it.
I began to heal and feel better a couple of months ago, I met a Woman, Judy, who has given me a second chance with life I have been humbled so many times this year.
Through all of this there was fly fishing. I dragged myself down to the river again and again because I knew it would bring healing if I could just keep going back. Eventually through that time on the water, that voice that snapped me back to reality, then helped Judy find me, I am here facing one more challenge that I am able to overcome.
You all were there at times, Ard doesn't know this either but I used to hang out here and just read your thoughts and stories and information and it helped me through those times when I could not be on the water. I guess I fished vicariously through you all.
So Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, any of you will always be welcome to share water with me.....Kerry
bigjim5589, imxer, fysh and 7 others like this.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:23 AM

wtl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Merry Christmas and best of the Season

Hey hey, Merry Christmas Kerry. Hang in there, we are all little kids in the eyes of God, and we are all just trying to do what we are supposed to do. Sometimes it takes a little bit of growing up. 120 years is probably not enough for us to really learn to be adults in His eyes. But we do our best.

And we also catch a few fish while we are at it.
mcnerney and jaybo41 like this.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:37 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Merry Christmas and best of the Season

With out question:

POST OF THE DAY!
mojo, imxer, mcnerney and 1 others like this.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:48 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Kerry, great to have you posting again and more important, very happy to hear you are on the mend and enjoying life. Time on the river does magical things for the soul. Great post!

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:20 AM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

Kerry, I've learned too that God has a plan for me. Not always something I understand, but something I have faith in. Life is worth living if you have the will.

Merry & Safe Christmas to All!
mcnerney and jaybo41 like this.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 12-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Kerry: +1 for what everyone else has said! Great to have you back posting again, you were missed! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and Judy!

Larry
jaybo41 likes this.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Kerry+1...to what everybody said...glad to see you here again and to know the forum helped you in some way
I wish you a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:08 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute

Click the image to open in full size.
jaybo41 likes this.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 12-24-2012, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Glad life is returning to normal for you Kerry, belief in something bigger than ourselves and the love of a good woman are treasures to hold tightly to.

Here's wishing all my friends near and far away, a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year.
jaybo41 likes this.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 12-24-2012, 02:45 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

Thank you everyone for your wishes and kind words. I lost my Sister 3 months ago, we were both suffering same symptoms of two different illnesses. She was 41, her Son Jordan is 17. I miss her terribly but this Spring my Son and I will introduce Jordan to some water that is close to home and maybe we can all find healing together.
Funny old life huh?

This was written for wounded Soldiers by Sam Tate but it pertains I think in some way to all of us.
jaybo41 likes this.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.