The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By wt bash
  • 2 Post By comeonavs
  • 1 Post By comeonavs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 01:14 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default How did Santa Know

Click the image to open in full size.

Sage TXL-F 1wt, also brought me a Sage click I but that might go back to the North Pole since I already had a Ross Evoltion 0 in copper.....decisions decisions
Old 12-25-2012, 01:20 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: How did Santa Know

Ask the Easter Bunny for a rod to fit the Evo on.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:48 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like an awesome setup, congrats!

Larry

Old 12-25-2012, 07:15 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

And I decided to throw caution to the wind. I was looking at the old sell this, keep that etc etc etc and figured it was a gift so screw my cheap ways

Strung it up with the Sage Click

Click the image to open in full size.
fishiowa and jaybo41 like this.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:12 PM

double dry is on a distinguished road

Very nice rig!
Old 12-26-2012, 08:18 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

My guess is that Santa looked over the credit card bill and found the local fly shop. Then went in to talk with the guys about what you might have been looking at recently, or what might be missing from your quiver.

Nice looking setup there Avs, both reels look great on it. By all means you should keep them both. Congratulations.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
My guess is that Santa looked over the credit card bill and found the local fly shop. Then went in to talk with the guys about what you might have been looking at recently, or what might be missing from your quiver.

Nice looking setup there Avs, both reels look great on it. By all means you should keep them both. Congratulations.
Close the guy at the shop knew I always fondly wiggle the TXL 1Wt, my wife said "what else does it need". He handed her the Click I reel and the rest is history. I went in today and exchanged the ClickI for the Click II and ordered the new Rio Trout LT double taper for it. Now I can't wait for summer to go throw dries

Looks like am keeping the Elkhorn 1WT and the Ross Evo 0 as a backup 1WT / loaner rod
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:34 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Well, that just rips it ! YOUR Santa was better'n my Santa lol..(I had a great Christmas really)

Congrats on some top shelf gear there , pard. I know ya one smilin' dude right now !

Mike