The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 12:13 AM

cocoaandme is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Waders Question

I have a pair of Orvis Endura Stockingfoot waders and I really like them. You can easily roll down the chest part and tuck it in to wear them as waist waders which is really nice when it gets hot out. Also the booties are very very comfortable. They are formed so that there are no seams on the bottom of the foot and so that it contours with right and left feet accordingly. One of the big pluses for me.

Stocking Foot Waders / Endura Stockingfoot Waders -- Orvis

Orvis is supposed to back them up so that if there are any manufacture problems they will repair or replace them.

None the less they seem to be very well made and I have had no problems with mine even though I have done some hiking through heavy brush. The only complaint I have with them is that they do not have the built in gravel guards. I just got a $11 pair of simms gravel guards so it's not a big deal.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:38 PM

shortyb has a spectacular aura aboutshortyb has a spectacular aura aboutshortyb has a spectacular aura about

Dan Baileys.. can't believe no one mention one the best pair of waders ever made.

Best for tall sizes I have found too.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:23 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyb View Post
Dan Baileys.. can't believe no one mention one the best pair of waders ever made.

I have the Lightweight model. They retail for $199.99 so I didn't mention them. I agree that they are great at that price.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 12-30-2012, 02:29 PM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice

I saw a pair of Patagonia Watermaster waders on clearance for 199. If I were in your shoes that's the route I'd go. A little more money up front but worth it.

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:19 PM

woodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyb View Post

You didn't like your Redington Sonic Pros or Simms G4s?
Old 12-30-2012, 04:30 PM

getya45 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskiyoublues View Post
I saw a pair of Patagonia Watermaster waders on clearance for 199. If I were in your shoes that's the route I'd go. A little more money up front but worth it.
I am looking at a pair right now for $209 and I really like the lifetime warranty by Patagonia and Back Country the website I am looking at. Well I bought this waders and they had free 2 day shipping. I asked if i could return them if the size did not work and they will included a return shipping sticker at no charge. Top notch customer service. Thanks Carl for the advice!