The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 04:26 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Collecting as a result of fly fishing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by overmywaders View Post
I have a severe case of GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) which manifests itself in books on fly fishing, old fly reels - from the skeleton "60 yd" reels, through the Johnson Magnetics, old silk lines (which I would restore and fish), old flies, cane rods, wood rods, even a few fiberglass rods... yup, it's GAS alright.
My Candidate for: Post of the Day.
littledavid123 likes this.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:33 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: Collecting as a result of fly fishing?

I have a box full of different and rare pheasant skins. I am usually on the look out for them, i just find the colors of them to be fasinating. I have a plan for a photo project with them one of these days.
il_wi_fishing likes this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 12-28-2012, 09:20 AM

wishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enoughwishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enough

I like collecting old Bamboo rods and old reels. I like the way they look hanging in my office, plus casting one on te river makes me think of and try to imagine all the fish stories the rod would tell if it could talk. My most recent purchase was an old Hardy boo rod and a pristine Ocean City No.36, pretty fun como to cast drys with, though I haven't got a fish on it yet.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:44 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

I love the No 36! I forgot about those I have quite a few of them too.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:21 AM

il_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura aboutil_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
I have a box full of different and rare pheasant skins. I am usually on the look out for them, i just find the colors of them to be fasinating. I have a plan for a photo project with them one of these days.
i think that would make for an interesting look

Illinois Wisconsin Fishing