The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 07:16 PM

billyspey has a spectacular aura aboutbillyspey has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Wader size??

Size larger you can always add insoles for fit in cold weather and water much warmer if you have some wiggle room.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:27 PM

thewalker1013 has a spectacular aura aboutthewalker1013 has a spectacular aura about

I wish I'd gone two sizes larger sometimes, went just one up and can't hardly move my toes when I wear these thick Simms wool socks that I got as a stocking stuffer.

Btw, I bought a 12. I normally wear an 11.

I think you have to look at the specific boot as well... My Simms Guides are lined with more neoprene and stay warm, don't really need the absolute thickest socks. Usually the coldest weather I fish in is in the upper 20's.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:41 AM

ditz is just really niceditz is just really niceditz is just really niceditz is just really niceditz is just really nice

Thanks to all for thier thoughts. It has been a big help. It is an hour and a half to BPS but It is hundreds of miles to Cabelas which has what I thought I wanted. I guess I have to take a closer look at BPS. It does appear that the boots run about the same a street shoe sizes to one needs to allow for the wader and socks that will be worn. Our winters are fairly mild and we few below freezing days and I will avoid them like the plague. 40 and 50 degree days will be more to my liking and I would guess the water temps are probably in the 40's most of our short winters. I am warmwater fishing and most of the water is less than waist deep and mostly knee to thigh deep at normal levels. Being diabetic my circulation is less than the norm so I need decent temp protection to maintain any level comfort.

Thanks again for the thoughts