The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree194Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 09:10 PM

hal_sch has a spectacular aura abouthal_sch has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Most Memorable Fish of 2012

My most memorable fish is the first one my daughter caught after teaching her how to roll cast. Its not the biggest fish but she had the biggest smile on her face after she brought it in.

Click the image to open in full size.

Now I have to get her a fly rod because she keeps taking mine every time we go out.

This is another good one. Its a little 6" Largemouth bass that would not hold still for her. It's also the first time I've gotten her to hold a fish.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:00 PM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of

They ALL came, on one day, in late May, with my son on, the East Walker River...

Click the image to open in full size.\\

...and they ALL came to this in #18- #22...

For me, any day that I get to spend with either of these two guys (Michael and Ally) out on the water IS memorable !!!

My kids on the Madison River, near Ennis, MT...

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/

Last edited by planettrout; 12-29-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Mine has to be this Pike. I was fishing for Smallmouth with a tiny popper you can see in it's mouth, and a 5 wt rod. This fish cleared the water by at least 2 1/2 feet and came down parallel to the water in a big splashing belly flop. It hit all of 12 feet away from me. If seeing that does not leave a memory it's time for a CAT scan.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:52 AM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

Mine would have been my first fish on a fly rod. I caught a nice 2-3 lbs River Smallie. I hope next summer to get my first trout and atlantic.
jaybo41 likes this.

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover
Old 12-29-2012, 07:53 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
My first and only Stripper even though it wasn't very big.
Catchin' even a small Stripper trumps a big striper in my book

wt bash likes this.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:24 AM

thorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura about

Hello,

My most memorable was this grayling, which I caught this autumn. It was already a little bit cold and I started to think to stop fishing for that day, because nothing was running at that day. Then I saw that really small nymph, which I bought in a fishing shop at the Green River in the USA. And that nymph brought me the grayling.

THORSTEN
Old 12-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Grayling are such a pretty fish. Photos really don't do them justice. Nice fish you have there thorsten.

I really like this kind of thread. You can tell by some of the threads that have popped up lately there is already some cabin fever setting in. However this has been one of the best threads of recent days.
mcnerney, shortyb and thorsten like this.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:53 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

I apologize for not having a picture, I don't take many of the fish I catch. The most memorable this year was an 11" Cutt. I was fishing a new very small stream with a tiny dry caddis. It took at the confluence created by three rocks in a spot I could jump across.
The leaves on the trees were rustling in the light breeze that kept us cool and there was that perfect feeling in the day. When it took my fly I was almost reluctant to spoil the moment but it was a jewel of a fish and actually made my day that much better.
mcnerney, jaybo41, wt bash and 1 others like this.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:41 AM

tennessee dave will become famous soon enoughtennessee dave will become famous soon enough

Not the prettiest but it took on the last cast of a very tough float on the lower Henry's Fork.
mcnerney, wt bash and thorsten like this.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:38 AM

kyflyguy is on a distinguished road

I got this guy on the first cast of the year, he is my personal best bass on the fly. Got to the lake and saw him cruising over a weed bed in super clear water. I dropped a popper on him perfectly and watched him stare at it, one twitch and he was on. He was a great fight and has fueled my love of fly fishing.

Troutwhisperer and thorsten like this.