The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 04:46 PM

cocoaandme is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Christmas score!

Those are some very nice setups. The konics look great on the rods. Have you gotten a chance to cast with them yet?
Old 01-02-2013, 05:54 PM

brian miville has a spectacular aura aboutbrian miville has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoaandme View Post
Those are some very nice setups. The konics look great on the rods. Have you gotten a chance to cast with them yet?
Alas no. Our yard is buried under about a foot of snow right now, and the current temps are in the teens. I think it is going to be a while before I can get my buggywhip fix.

jhardin80, I envy you! I am getting itchy to break out my kayak for some fishing time on the lake....but all the lakes are frozen right now, so that won't do me much good. But it is nice to see great minds think alike! I saw that deal on Cabela's for the Redington CT and there was no thought involved. The credit card was out and talking before my brain could say otherwise (like it would have anyway )
Old 01-02-2013, 05:58 PM

trout sniper is on a distinguished road

Those are a couple of nice rods. The stowaway 6 casts really well and the CT has a great reputation. But if you tend to find a rod/deal you like and buy it on the spot, DO NOT cast a Sage ONE. I made that mistake and "regret" it every day.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:06 PM

brian miville has a spectacular aura aboutbrian miville has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout sniper View Post
Those are a couple of nice rods. The stowaway 6 casts really well and the CT has a great reputation. But if you tend to find a rod/deal you like and buy it on the spot, DO NOT cast a Sage ONE. I made that mistake and "regret" it every day.
I actually, originally, wanted a Sage rod. But the cost made me realize I could get 2 more modest set-ups for the price of just the rod alone. But then again that was back when I was fishing from a canoe with my Uncle, and when fly fishing was more of a hassle than a pleasure. Now that I am a kayak fisherman (and my Uncle in an inflatable pontoon boat) I have much more mobility and freedom to cast, so have been fly casting much more....actually probably the majority of it will be. So much so I have also been thinking I might need a 6 or 7 weight rig for those bigger bass. So I am still not ruling out some day getting a Sage.