The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 05:01 PM

brian miville has a spectacular aura aboutbrian miville has a spectacular aura about
Default My Christmas score!

Meant to post this a few days ago, but I suddenly had a problem with Internet Explorer 9 refusing to load this website, and it even locked up my computer upon login. I finally got fed up I downloaded Firefox and I am happy I can FINALLY visit this site again!!!!

Anyway, this is a picture of the new "family":

Click the image to open in full size.

The top combo is a Redington CT 8'6" 3 weight 4 piece rod I got from Cabelas on sale at HALF OFF!!!! I paired it with a Lamson Konic 1.5 I bought from Backcountry.com Christmas eve and got FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING ON!!!! She needs some backing and line, but that is fine since fishing season is a ways off.

The bottom combo is: Cabela's 9' stowaway 6, 6 piece 5wt rod. The reel I have had for a while now (was waiting to get it on a good rod, not the cheap Shakespear combo I had gotten years ago.) It is, obviously, a Lamson Konic 2 with S.A. GPX line.

So no more $50 WalMart special for me. I am moving past my old spin/baitcasting for bass and panfishing and look forward to the beginning of more fun fishing experiences!

Brian
Old 01-01-2013, 06:18 PM

rccola712 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: My Christmas score!

Congrats on the new rod!! Looks like you'll get plenty of enjoyment out of 'em! Especially once you line up the 3 wt. I got 3 wt for Christmas as well, lined it with Rio TroutLT double taper, casts well in the yard, I'll let you know how it casts on the river!
Old 01-01-2013, 06:24 PM

brian miville has a spectacular aura aboutbrian miville has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, I wanted to get a 3wt rig because I figure it would make for the most fun panfishing! I just started fishing out of a kayak this past year (previously I was always in a canoe with my Uncle which was not the most conducive to trying to fly fish ). It has allowed me to really get into a stride with the fly rod. Can't wait to see what a fancy rig can do now (I man, I never owned a rod of ANY type with it's own sock and hard case up until now! )
Old 01-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the new outfit, you'll have a lot of fun fishing with that this coming spring.

Larry

Old 01-01-2013, 06:55 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

some very nice rigs you have there(the reel seat on the cabelas rod looks exceptionally nice.)
i hope they serve you well in the upcoming season.

casey

ARFE
Old 01-01-2013, 07:03 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Great looking equipment!

Congratulations

Dave
Old 01-01-2013, 07:18 PM

tennessee dave will become famous soon enoughtennessee dave will become famous soon enough

Congrats and enjoy!
Old 01-01-2013, 07:26 PM

The only thing that sucks is putting them all together here in my room, holding them in my hand, feeling the weight and balance, testing my grip....and knowing it is going to be a few more months before I can actually use them on the water.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:50 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

That little 3 wt is a joy to fish. Both the 3 and 5 wts in that 8'6" length are sweet for dry flies...and they come alive for me, with even a small fish on.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:08 PM

jhardin80 is on a distinguished road

Nice setups!!!! I too just got the CT 8'6" but i got the 4wt and put the same reel on it. Can't wait for this weekend to go try it out on the river.

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.