The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 09:02 AM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future
Default Re: 2013 Goals...

wt, that is some terrific country you're contemplating a move to. It was part of my territory when I was a regional director for the National Wild Turkey Federation...I loved going there. And inhabited by some friendly folks.
Gary
Old 01-03-2013, 09:05 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

That's one of the bigger draws Gary, my time spent in Cumberland Valley everyone I met made you feel right at home.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:21 AM

tbiii will become famous soon enoughtbiii will become famous soon enough

Nice to see what some of you guys are planning. I felt like I didn't get nearly enough time on the water in 2012, and was just making a list of what I wanted to accomplish in 2013 last night.

- I want to spend at least 100 days on the water.
- I want to do my first Gulf Coast Redfish Trip
- I'd like to catch a striper on the fly
- I'd like to get into some good carp fishing
- I'd like to spend some time out west, that's something I've missed doing the past couple years. Maybe Colorado, definitely Wyoming.

There's a couple other things that'd be fun- gar on the fly, bowfin on the fly, a trip to fish for peacocks and baby poons in Miami- but those would mostly just be gravy

Hope everyone has a great 2013!
Kerry Pitt and countr21 like this.

Last edited by tbiii; 01-03-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:38 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

tbii that Gulf Coast trip would be awesome I bet. I hope to get there in 2014/15.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:21 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

After three years of health problems which affected my ability to walk and wade, I can finally get out more. This means my big goal is to get out more.

Also, I would like to work on my photography skills in order to have more polished submissions to magazines with my articles.

At least three new articles in magazines this year.

Crack the dry fly code on my favorite spring creek. I've been fishing it for more than 10 years and I still get stumped more often than not when it comes to catching them on top.

Enjoy the moment more - time and life is fleeting and we cannot get it back.

Best Fishes,

Kelly.
mcnerney, countr21 and lthrnk03 like this.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:00 PM

surface film is on a distinguished road

Regarding fishing, it is simply my goal to not fish a single river that has dams on it this year, only free flowing rivers for thirteen
"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." ~ John Gierach
Old 01-03-2013, 11:39 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglissmeyer1 View Post
After three years of health problems which affected my ability to walk and wade, I can finally get out more. This means my big goal is to get out more.
Good for you KG...health problems are the pits...

and I like the goals around getting kids and grandfathers out fishing.

No fishing goals for me this year. Family comes first and my 89 yr old mom in law and my 30 yr old daughter both need support this year. I'll still fish a lot, I'm sure, but it's not at the top of the list for '13.

-Mike
Old 01-04-2013, 12:11 PM

bucktail will become famous soon enoughbucktail will become famous soon enough

35+ inch pike
First tiger musky on the fly
Another big Grass Carp
20+ pound common to top my pb

I have some serious fishing ahead of me......
Old 01-04-2013, 12:25 PM

diamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to all

Only 1 goal this year:

Catch a wild native brook trout at over 1 mile elevation in North Carolina.
countr21, wt bash, tbiii and 1 others like this.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:54 PM

il_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura aboutil_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura about

my 6 year olds goal in life and in fishing is to move to the Smokys (a goal that im quite fond of)

my goals are-

* to spend more time road tripping wisconsin

* get my kids outdoors and away from video games and television more

* enjoy the hell out of my time on the water
wt bash likes this.

Illinois Wisconsin Fishing