The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 01:41 PM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold
Default Loon Strike Two?

So I have a container of this stuff, but have no idea how to use it...

Can anyone help me out on this?
Old 01-02-2013, 01:49 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: Loon Strike Two?

Strike Two - Indicators - Loon Outdoors ~ Environmentally Friendly Fly Fishing Gear & Accessories, check out the how to use section seems simple enough but what keeps it from shifting cast after cast?
Old 01-02-2013, 01:54 PM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

Well that's sorta my question...I mean you really just tie to your line and hope for the best?
Old 01-02-2013, 02:09 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

I'd try those dental rubber bands for braces and see if that could hold it better than just knotting it on there.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:02 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Pat Dorsey uses yarn indicators with small dental rubber bands as WT suggested. Blue Quill Angler used to sell strike indicator kits that included the yarn and small dental rubber bands. If you use a dental rubber band, you first form a loop in the leader, then slide the rubber band over the loop, then fold the loop around the rubber band 4-6 times, then place the yarn inside the middle of the loop and snug the rubber band up tightly to the base of the yarn.

They also sell replacement rubber bands: http://www.bluequillangler.com/Produ...-Indicator-Kit

Without the rubber bands you can try one of these methods:
Rigging Yarn and Dry Fly Indicators | MidCurrent

Larry

Larry