The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By woodrivertroutbum
  • 1 Post By baseman1
  • 1 Post By woodrivertroutbum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 06:42 PM

woodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nice
Default Fishing South East Canada

So, I posted this here because we want to move in the near future and fishing is a big part of where we decide to go. I am simply fed up with the way the US is being run and having to hand over money for things that I will never benefit from. This isn't just split second decision that will never happen, it has been in the making for a while now.

Anyways, Montreal is less than 7 hours from us which means we would be able to drive back and visit family on a regular basis. I would be giving up my striper fishing for the most part so I would have to be near some pretty nice fresh water fishing. Salmon, trout, pike etc all work for me! Is south east Canada worth considering as far as fishing goes?
baseman1 likes this.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:48 PM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice
Default Re: Fishing South East Canada

I say move just down the road from Montreal to Fredericton NB and be 40 mins from the best Atlantic Salmon fishing, 15 mins from both great musky and stripper fishing ( right in the city) oh and some pretty good bass fishing. Just a thought.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Oh and there are the nicest people who live there as a bonus.
woodrivertroutbum likes this.

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover
Old 01-03-2013, 07:01 PM

woodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nice

I will look in to that for sure! Nice people? We don't have many of those down here! We plan on renting a place at first and just browsing Montreal Craigslist the prices seem lower than here in RI.

That is about 2 hours further from where we are now but really not bad and seems well worth it. It looks close to the coast as well which is a huge plus!
baseman1 likes this.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:45 PM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

We share fishing holes (take your turn in line and fish) but there are a lot of places with no one else there.

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover