The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 07:45 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Blind Pig Story

The rod came in today 30 minutes before dark, ran outside and got a few casts in... It is wonderful, feels better than I even imagined. Gotta hand it to the gang at Orvis as they went above and beyond on this project. First the case, the blank was sent in an older model case with with a non accurate name on the brass plate. Orvis removed the plate and put a new blank in its place.

Without anything said to Orvis they engraved the rod name and size on the butt, without actually knowing the year made they did leave the date off.

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Here is the original style handle with down tightening reel seat.

They must have enjoyed putting this rod together because they also surprised me with the original sock.

I can't say thanks enough to Orvis, Irene and all the Orvis staff that put in the time to make this happen. A very cool company.

Dave
mojo, fysh, jaybo41 and 3 others like this.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:59 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

It has been a very fun read watching this progress david. I can only imagine your excitement through the entire process. Very cool man, very very cool
Old 01-24-2013, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to see your new baby arrived Dave. Will it be between you and your wife tonight when your off to bed? or will the wife be relegated to the spare bedroom?

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 01-24-2013, 08:17 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysh View Post
Glad to see your new baby arrived Dave. Will it be between you and your wife tonight when your off to bed? or will the wife be relegated to the spare bedroom?
She can stay in the bedroom and I get to install a humidity and temperature control system in the closet.

Dave
Old 01-24-2013, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

You can keep fine cigars in there also.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 01-24-2013, 08:24 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

that is amazing!
sometimes the stars align and well, that happens
awesome rod and awesome job by orvis!!
congrats on that new addition

casey

ARFE
Old 01-24-2013, 09:55 PM

fishiowa has a spectacular aura aboutfishiowa has a spectacular aura aboutfishiowa has a spectacular aura about

That is incredible! congratulations
Old 01-24-2013, 10:44 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

That is a prize for sure !
Old 01-25-2013, 03:06 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you! Rod looks great enjoy your good fortune! Orvis does the right thing!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser