The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Project Healing Waters

Awhile back I contacted the Rocky Mtn coordinator for Project Healing Waters to see if they could use some flies and to find out if there was a PHW program in WY. He said they can always use flies and indeed that there is a PHW program in Casper, Cheyenne and Sheridan so I told him I was closest to Casper so he put me in contact with the coordinator for that program. Anyway, to make a long story short I tied up some flies for both the Casper program and the Rocky Mtn program and got them sent off in the mail today.
Here are the flies I tied for the Casper PHW program:
Click the image to open in full size.

Here are the flies I tied for the Rocky Mtn PHW program:
Click the image to open in full size.

Larry
imxer, Jackster, fysh and 13 others like this.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:31 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Project Healing Waters

Very nice flies! Thanks for posting the pictures and for doing that. I'm sure they will be put to good use.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:38 PM

popperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly

Larry,

Good to see others getting involved in PHW, I have been tying flies/donating for our local PHW group here in Middle Tennessee and spending time fly fishing with the guys/gals. It feels good to pay forward, thumbs-up to you Larry and all others involved with PHW.

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !
Old 01-04-2013, 06:48 PM

newby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of light

Can't believe mine never showed up . Let me know if you, or if anybody else, ever does something like this again and I will tie up two dozen.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by newby View Post
Can't believe mine never showed up . Let me know if you, or if anybody else, ever does something like this again and I will tie up two dozen.
Newby: Yes, your flies didn't show up, but I haven't sent in the Casting for Recovery flies yet, so if your willing to tie up another dozen that would be great, but I certainly understand if you don't. I'm still waiting on JP and Brian's flies before I send the CFR flies in so you have plenty of time, no deadline or anything like that.

Popperfly: Thanks for the kind words and hats off to you for stepping up and helping out your local PHW group! The coordinator for the Casper PHW program doesn't have his schedule yet for 2013, but I told him if it works I would like to help out, but I have already told the gal that runs the Wyoming Casting for Recovery program that I would like to volunteer as a river helper if they have any openings and that is in the middle of July.

Larry

Old 01-04-2013, 08:13 PM

newby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of light

I'll tie another dozen up ASAP. Should have them out in the next two days.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I'll tie another dozen up ASAP. Should have them out in the next two days.
Newby: Sounds great, no need to rush! Thanks for the support!

Larry

Old 01-04-2013, 08:44 PM

Its no rush. I love to tie and this weekend looks pretty empty. Having something I make benefit a good organization and having fun doing it is awesome.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Its no rush. I love to tie and this weekend looks pretty empty. Having something I make benefit a good organization and having fun doing it is awesome.
Newby: Thanks again for the support, I'm sure the gals at CFR are going to enjoy receiving your flies!

Larry

Old 01-04-2013, 10:16 PM

cletus will become famous soon enoughcletus will become famous soon enough

You're good men. Semper Fi and Happy New Year