The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 05:48 PM

rccola712 will become famous soon enough
Default Great Start to the New Year!

Got out on the river today for the first time of 2013. I got to fish the Davidson and South Mills in Pisgah Forest. The day had its ups and its down (like falling in kinda down), but it was a gorgeous day to be out in creation!

I was able to pull in this Brook on a small midge

Click the image to open in full size.

This Brown on a stimulator. Its amazing what those can do when there's no hatch going on!

And lastly this rainbow! It's got such a bold pink streak!

What a day!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:55 PM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice
Default Re: Great Start to the New Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccola712 View Post
Got out on the river today for the first time of 2013. I got to fish the Davidson and South Mills in Pisgah Forest. The day had its ups and its down (like falling in kinda down), but it was a gorgeous day to be out in creation!

I was able to pull in this Brook on a small midge

This Brown on a stimulator. Its amazing what those can do when there's no hatch going on!

And lastly this rainbow! It's got such a bold pink streak!

What a day!
Awesome. Jealous on so many accounts. To be able to fish in January, then to catch 3 species of trout on the same water, is pretty cool. Awesome.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:28 AM

mcphoto is on a distinguished road

Nice work. I wish I could spend some time in that area..to catch fish like that, but also to drink some Pisgah Brewing Co beer...my friend from NC had a growler full a few years back, and I wish I had a bit right now.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:09 AM

lthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of light

Great looking fish! I wish I weren't so far east. I'd love to be knee deep in some trout water right now.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:38 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the great looking fish! I guess you have us all jealous now!

Larry

Old 01-06-2013, 11:55 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing like starting the year with a Trout Slam! Sign of a great fishing year to come! Congrats!!
lthrnk03 likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 01-06-2013, 12:10 PM

latshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura about

Awesome fish! I'm always a little green with envy for you guys who can fish your water all year, take advantage of it for us who can not!
Old 01-06-2013, 02:28 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful fish! Thanks for posting the pictures
Old 01-06-2013, 03:14 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all

Beauties all of them. Congrats on a great start. If my entire year looks like your start I'll be happy happy happy.

-- John Gierach

blog: http://www.thefinfeatherandfur.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefinfeatherandfur
My TU:
http://massanuttentu.com
Old 01-06-2013, 03:59 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

It's January......everything is frozen. I am looking at your pictures........and chewing on my desk. Thanks for posting.....I think.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.