The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 10:05 AM

jsquires has a spectacular aura aboutjsquires has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Weights?

Here is an article that mentions the Canada finding, on page 7.
http://wdfw.wa.gov/publications/00037/wdfw00037.pdf.

I like to hear both sides of a story, so I have made no judgments; just passing along the article.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:15 PM

drc has a spectacular aura aboutdrc has a spectacular aura about

I have strip weights. You twist them on and give them a good clamp with the hemostats and it'll never come off. The dispenser is nice two.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:02 AM

ditz will become famous soon enoughditz will become famous soon enough

Tin is not healthy either. I don't know about titanium but I suspect it is not good either. I remember back in the 60's when this health stuff started in earnest that womens lipstick was found to cause cancer. Of course one had to eat 15 tubes a day before it was a problem. Lead is also a problem. I am sure that there is far more lead released into the great outdoors with guns than is created by the fly fisherman. God, don't let the gun law police hear that!!!! In the last 5years of fishing I am sure that I have lost far less lead than is in one box of .22 cal rounds. Come on fellas lets discuss something that is significant.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:55 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquires View Post
Here is an article that mentions the Canada finding, on page 7.
http://wdfw.wa.gov/publications/00037/wdfw00037.pdf.

I like to hear both sides of a story, so I have made no judgments; just passing along the article.

Remember when that came out in 2006; major blow up in the sports fishing community. Ban lead (weight) and replace with what? There was no (is there now?) reasonable substitute save for tying rocks onto your line. The suggestion was quietly put to rest.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:35 PM

alligator is on a distinguished road

Whatever individual fishermen decide, I hope few of us think the health of streams and wild life isn't important. But like any thread, those who aren't interested don't have to follow it.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:30 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alligator View Post
Whatever individual fishermen decide, I hope few of us think the health of streams and wild life isn't important. But like any thread, those who aren't interested don't have to follow it.
I don't think that you'll find many people here who aren't interested or don't care.
It's more like what we do as fly fishermen is not a significant part of the problem