The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 02:39 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Casting for Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Newby's flies for CFR arrived late yesterday, I've now got them loaded in the fly box, they look awesome! He generously tied the white CDC and Elk Hair Caddis on the left and the assorted Mini-Hoppers. JP's flies are the last two rows on the left. Boy will the gals at CFR have a big grin on their faces when they see those flies. Thanks again Newby and JP for contributing to such a great cause!

Click the image to open in full size.

110 percent SO YES!

fae
fysh likes this.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:06 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

What's the deadline, Larry? Are there specific patterns they request, and what's the minimum to donate (looks like a dozen)?
fysh likes this.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:12 PM

newby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of light

Happy to do it Larry. People have been kind to me and given me tying and fishing materials and this is a way to pay it forward. I just hope they catch something on my humble flies.

You have tied up many flies for two awesome programs, so kudos to you.
fysh likes this.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:38 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
What's the deadline, Larry? Are there specific patterns they request, and what's the minimum to donate (looks like a dozen)?
No minimum; a 'Hand up, a hand out?' Not in the least. You only have to 'be there' as these Ladies do their thing and watch. Magic, pure Magic.

Me thinks, me watched. Me in tears.

All good things.
fae
fysh and littledavid123 like this.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:31 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
Dean: Like Fred stated, no minimum and we still have lots of time, the Wyoming CFR retreat isn't until July 26-28, but I would like to get the flies to them in March or so, but that isn't a hard and fast deither. If you would like to contribute I'm sure the gals at CFR would appreciate anything you want to tie, especially flies that fish well in the Rockies. Same goes for anyone else on the forum that has the time to tie up a few flies......we definitely would love to have more flies come from forum members.

Larry

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
No minimum; a 'Hand up, a hand out?' Not in the least. You only have to 'be there' as these Ladies do their thing and watch. Magic, pure Magic.

Me thinks, me watched. Me in tears.

All good things.
fae
Fred: Amen to that! This is an outstanding program helping gals that are recovering from cancer, CFR offers no cost retreats to introduce the gals to fly fishing and hopefully provide an emotional boost in a time of need.
If you have ever had a family member go through cancer treatments/recovery you know what I'm talking about.
fysh likes this.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
Giants, it's the only word I have to describe so many of our forum.

Dave
LD, with God's wind behind our Sails, We move forward. With the Ladies, a strong wind? Faster? Me thinks.

Bless them all!
fae
fysh and littledavid123 like this.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:02 PM

oarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to all

Your all doing a great thing!

Rick
fysh likes this.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:22 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

This afternoon I received the flies that Brian (Liphookedau from Australia) has generously donated to the gals at CFR. His beautiful wets and nymphs filled a whole fly box and then some, took some squeezing to get them all in. Thanks Brian for the awesome flies, the gals at CFR are going to be very impressed!

Click the image to open in full size.

If anyone else wants to donate a few flies to CFR, just let me know, there is still plenty of time.
jpbfly and newby like this.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:37 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Larry.
It's good I could help someone,hopefully they will catch many Fish for The Users.
Brian.
jpbfly likes this.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:23 PM

newby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liphookedau View Post
Larry.
It's good I could help someone,hopefully they will catch many Fish for The Users.
Brian.

Gave you some rep for doing that . Those are a lot of great flies.