The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 08:41 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Casting for Recovery

Here is their info on fly donations. Perhaps local groups have other needs as well.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:22 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
Here is their info on fly donations. Perhaps local groups have other needs as well.
William: Thanks for the link, but I've already been talking directly with the gal that runs the Wyoming CFR program, she was the one that ealier suggested they needed fly donations to help out with their 2013 program.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:49 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

yeah I think that link is for donations to the national office. It is a pretty general list, it probably is smart to contact local groups to see what flies they need.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:10 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liphookedau View Post
Larry.
It's good I could help someone,hopefully they will catch many Fish for The Users.
Brian.
Great job BrianHope more members will tie some flies for this good cause
Old 01-26-2013, 02:10 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Love this thread, love this Organization.

Probably repeating myself but many of the fellows on the 'Mother Board' want to purchase 'gear' here in the US. Vast majority of the sellers don't want to putz with off shore shipping. (It does take a trip to the Post Office).

My local is a mile away and 'no big deal.' Is fun to have the Post Lady ask ... 'where's this one going?'

Anyway, 'stuff' is sent to me and I re-post to the UK/Europe. Their cost is just the 'postage,' and the odd off buck for extra packaging needed.

So, that said. E-mail/PM the hard cost figure and the fellow gives me a 'credit' at a fly shop in Scotland. I'll spend a few 'quid' if something catches my eye, the rest they set up a credit for the local 'Casting for Recovery.'

Per my e-mails/PM I've now got five packages coming at me. Sorting out whose who could get interesting as I usually don't open same. None of my business unless I have to re-package to a smaller box (costs less).

The point of this late night ramble is CFR is one hell of an Organization. Every little bit helps.

Frederick Evans
mcnerney likes this.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:07 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Williamhj: Thanks for stepping up and donating a dozen flies to the Wyoming CFR program, much appreciated and I know the gals that run the program will be thrilled.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Popperfly sent me a whole fly box full of flies for the Wyoming CFR program and they arrived in the mail today. These are awesome! Thanks again, the gals at the Wyoming CFR program are going to be thrilled to death when they see the quality of these flies.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Banned

rayzor will become famous soon enoughrayzor will become famous soon enough

if its ok I will tie some of my Stream flies up for this great cause.

just let me know where to send them please,
Old 02-12-2013, 06:35 PM
Administrator

Today I received 15 flies from Williamhj (3 beautiful stimulators and a dozen awesome looking parachute adams), that completes the flies to be donated to the Wyoming Casting for Recovery Program. This has taken awhile to put together, but I think the gals at CFR are really going to be impressed with the quality of flies we are donating to them. If I counted correctly, we are donating 27 dozen flies! Here is what we have to offer:

JP's beautiful flies are the first two rows on the left, next are Newby's stunning Mini-Hoppers and white CED Elk Hair Caddis flies, followed by Williamhj's awesome parachute adams flies are on the far right two rows and the Stimi's on the top. Thanks JP, Newby and Williamhj for the very generous donation!

Brian (Liphookedau from Australia) has generously donated these beautiful wets and nymphs which filled a whole fly box and then some (took some squeezing to get them all in). Thanks Brian for the awesome flies, the gals at CFR are going to be very impressed!

Popperfly sent in a whole fly box full of awesome flies, thanks so much for the generous donation:

Here are the flies I tied up for CFR:

I had emailed the gal that runs the Wyoming CFR program and had attached photos of the flies that we were donating (minus the flies from Williamhj that I received today) and I thought you would like to see what she said:
"Your email brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful gift to our program.
Last year we had an entomology discussion led by Kathy Raper from Pinedale. She works for the Conservation District - and is enthusiastic about Bugs! She showed the women the natural aquatics and the matching flies. The participants really enjoyed the session so we will do it again this year. I wish you could see them when they start getting excited about the correlation between the insects and the flies.
I know from past experience that when they receive their flies they will exclaim "Oooh and Aaah" over the patterns, the colors, the intricacy and style".
webrx, jpbfly and williamhj like this.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:02 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Casting for Recovery

Outstanding effort gentlemen, outstanding!