The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 09:26 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold
Default Hi, Folks! I'm back!!

And I hope for a while!!!!

It's been one HELL of a ride, from October to now.... Work ALWAYS gets busy in September, so I knew that my fishing / forum time would probably be limited, but I never had ANY idea of the impacts that Hurricane Sandy would have. Since late October, I've been living out of a suitcase. I've been deployed first to Nassau and Suffolk Counties, on Long Island, and then I spent six+ weeks on Breezy Point, Queens...... Only 5 days off in that entire time. Spent Thanksgiving in Nassau, made it home for Christmas, but returned to NYC on the 26th, and Wednesday, I returned from what I hope was my last long-term deployment.

I'll probably still have some one or two night trips to make for the demobilization effort, but hopefully, I'm done....

Now on the FISHING side of things, I did visit some great spots to surf cast on Breezy Point, Long Beach, the Rockaways, and the Jones Beach areas. Also got to scout some backwaters that may be good kayak flyfishing spots. On an ACTIVE water life (mammal, not fish) matter, I was part of the failed attempt to save the whale that washed-up on Breezy Point last month.....

Anyway, it's great to be back, and start to unwind a bit. I need to break-ouyt my tying kit, and start to reteach myself how to tie. (I haven't tied a fly since July or August), and I can't WAIT to get a line wet again, as the last time I got out was Labor Day weekend!!!!

Hope all had a great holiday season, and my belated wishes for a very Happy, Safe, and Prosperous New Year!!!!

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 01-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi, Folks! I'm back!!

Rick: Welcome back, that was one heck of a deployment! I'm sure the folks impacted by Hurricane Sandy truly appreciate the work you and your fellow firefighters do! My hat is off to you sir!

Now unwind and get out and wet a line.
We are under a winter storm watch so there won't be any fishing here.

Larry

Old 01-11-2013, 09:36 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

welcome back

casey

ARFE
Old 01-11-2013, 10:16 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back! Sounds like a crazy fall and winter. Thanks for your work and hope you can rest up and get fishing before too long.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:47 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back Rick! Glad you got to see some of my fishing world on LI! There are some great spots there if you put the time in!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 01-12-2013, 03:47 AM

lthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome back! Hopefully you get a little bit of time to rest and get some fishing in.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:48 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Hi Rick.
It's good to see you back on Deck,now you can get back into Fishing & Flytying,even though work can be a bit of a pain,it's still The Best Method to meet people & earn an income to pay The Bills.
Brian.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

back Rickwe were wondering where you had disappeared...so glad to see you here again
Old 01-12-2013, 09:59 AM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

WOW! Sounds like a mess, and I'm sure the people of New York appreciate your work.

Did you see a lot of clams washed up on the beaches? When we lived in Ocean City, NJ, zillions of clams washed up on the beaches after storms and hurricanes. There were always plenty of dopes collecting them to eat, and the city had to get bulldozers out as quickly as possible.

Now start relaxing....
Old 01-12-2013, 11:00 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to see you back Rick.

Dave