The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree203Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 06:38 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Home State Photography

Ok, here are a few shots showing off Wyoming, they were all taken with a point and shoot camera and I don't have the photography skills that Kory and Brain, but this will have to do.
This was a float trip on the middle Green river with Davo, Fysh and Cromney from the forum.
Click the image to open in full size.
Packing into the Wind River Range
Elbow Lake in the Wind River Range
Spring in the Snowy Mtn Range
Snowies
Bighorn River in Wyoming

Old 01-17-2013, 07:47 PM

brian miville has a spectacular aura aboutbrian miville has a spectacular aura about

Well Larry, I have never been to Wyoming (or Montana, Idaho, Colorado, etc.) but always figured they are the kind of place I could like very much.

You have confirmed this for me.
kwb likes this.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:09 PM

klunker will become famous soon enough

KWB,
I recognize the location of some of your pictures that you didn't label. Here is a picture I took of the same Island from a slightly different location. I fish this river alot in the summer.

Picture of the Island in the river same as KWB

Just down river last summer there was a canoe wedged in the river, see it in the picture?
Old 01-17-2013, 11:51 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Dang Boozer ... to be honest I don't miss SW Michigan very often, but you did it with that set of photos! The St. Joe is such great river, and I do miss the big lake. One summer Sunday morning quite a few years ago my buddy that I grew up with there dropped his canoe in at Berrien Springs and puttered all the way to BH were we pulled over and restocked the cooler at Tackle Haven! Then we decided to go all the way out the channel, by then it was a beautiful summer afternoon and the channel was busy, we motored out onto the lake and cruised up the Silver Beach side. I still remember how perfect that day was, looking at the sand 20' below through the water. Fresh water Caribbean!

Then we had drive all the way back to Berrien Springs to get the other car, yikes.

What's the little trib stream you showed? And does it fish at all?
mcnerney and kwb like this.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:56 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

This is a great thread! Thought I'd jump in with some of my 'home states'.

There first is where I was born, Chicago suburbs. The cynic in me says this picture describes it

But I'll add this picture of my niece catching her first fish on a pink spinning rod I made her this past summer since I like going back to Chicago to see family.

Next is Michigan where I lived 15 years in the Southeast and West sides of the State.

Huron River in Ann Arbor. Some great small mouth fishing just upstream.

Au Sable near Grayling Caught some trout here my first summer fly fishing.

Next is the Northwoods of Wisconsin and the UP, where I've spent a lot of summers.

Here is a beautiful little fish from a tiny spring creek near the Wisconsin / UP border.

And the moon over the lake in front of my in-law's cabin

And finally, Colorado!

Heading down from a cutthroat lake

September on the Arkansas South of Leadville

Here's Cheeman Canyon, small flies and smart fish. A very beautiful place.

One of my favorite spots for a few hours fishing close to home

Lot's of pictures! Thanks for looking.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:15 AM

lightline is a jewel in the roughlightline is a jewel in the roughlightline is a jewel in the roughlightline is a jewel in the rough

I consider the Rocky Mountain West my home "state," so here's a few.

The lonely Green in Wyoming

Silver Creek, Idaho

Everybody's "tourist" shot of the Snake and Tetons

Silver Creek, again.

Elk Refuge/Flat Creek, Jackson, WY
Old 01-18-2013, 07:43 AM

kwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunker View Post
KWB,
I recognize the location of some of your pictures that you didn't label. Here is a picture I took of the same Island from a slightly different location. I fish this river alot in the summer.
Yes indeed it is the same river!

My good buddy Dave has been guiding up there for over 20 years, some of the most scenic smallmouth water I have ever seen and the fishing isn't half bad either

Didn't make it up there last Summer, really miss it!

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Ok, here are a few shots showing off Wyoming, they were all taken with a point and shoot camera and I don't have the photography skills that Kory and Brain, but this will have to do.
This was a float trip on the middle Green river with Davo, Fysh and Cromney from the forum.
I would argue your stuff is just as good "if not better" buddy!

While I have a DSLR now, some of my favorite photos I have taken were with a cell phone and/or point and shoot.

The best part about photography is, a good landscape can make a regular guy take good photos, my philosophy is, if you take enough shots, your bound to get lucky every once in a while.

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
Dang Boozer ... to be honest I don't miss SW Michigan very often, but you did it with that set of photos! The St. Joe is such great river, and I do miss the big lake. One summer Sunday morning quite a few years ago my buddy that I grew up with there dropped his canoe in at Berrien Springs and puttered all the way to BH were we pulled over and restocked the cooler at Tackle Haven! Then we decided to go all the way out the channel, by then it was a beautiful summer afternoon and the channel was busy, we motored out onto the lake and cruised up the Silver Beach side. I still remember how perfect that day was, looking at the sand 20' below through the water. Fresh water Caribbean!

Then we had drive all the way back to Berrien Springs to get the other car, yikes.

What's the little trib stream you showed? And does it fish at all?
That is a fun float!

That trib. does have some natural reproduction of migratory Trout & Salmon in it, but no longer really supports any resident Trout in recent shocking surveys. When I was a young kid, we caught Brown Trout in it, but then a bunch of housing developments were built near its headwaters and it became about half the size it once was, sure all those homes lowered the water table just enough.

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

WOW! Some GREAT stuff guys! Really enjoyed seeing everyone's photos, keep em coming!!!
mcnerney likes this.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:04 AM

silvertip8k has a spectacular aura aboutsilvertip8k has a spectacular aura about

8k in Colorado...my family has lived in Co for 5 generations...I moved north for work two years ago...but its still my home...

after the big fire, cheesman canyon came back strong...

N Fork of the south platte...

view out back...pike's peak in the distance...

september aspen...my hunting grounds...

elk creek valley...mid winter...

a creek runs through it...Colorado doesen't get greener than this...our front pasture , and Elk creek...

williams fork...

clear creek county...

the tomahawk...

peace...

home sweet home...elk sheds from the ranch...the stonework was done almost 100 years ago...all from the property...red granite...
mcnerney, jpbfly, jaybo41 and 4 others like this.

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/

Last edited by silvertip8k; 01-19-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:38 AM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

My local fishing hole 1/2 mile from home

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

down in the local fishin holes

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

My valley from house today

N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 01-18-2013, 10:13 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Those first two pics are from June and don't see any other anglers! You are a very lucky man!!!
kwb likes this.