The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 09:31 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Snap hooks?

Quote:
I use these in my Pike leaders.
Dan, I still use them with other tackle, mostly spinning gear attached to a swivel, and will occasionally use them with flies for Bluefish on a wire leader.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:37 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

I use the Fas-Snap brand when fishing for bass. I figure the little bit of extra metal in the front is nothing compared to all the metal the gear chuckers use.

I did have one strange thing happen when I was dealing with a snag. I suddenly broke loose and though I had broken off, but I still had the snap on the end, un-bent. I guess it got turned around on the eye and I pulled it off.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:13 PM

dabluz has a spectacular aura aboutdabluz has a spectacular aura aboutdabluz has a spectacular aura about

I was using stinger hooks on jigs for pike fishing. Lost the first 2 pike due to the snap opening during the fight and losing my stinger hooks. I now use crimped sleeves to hold my stinger hooks to my jigs. I make my own stinger hook rigs.

I've never had the idea nor the inclination to use them for fly fishing.