The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Time-shares (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/308907-time-shares.html)

Rip Tide 01-24-2013 05:30 PM

Time-shares

The wife and I have had a time share for nearly 30 years.
I was against it from the start but got out voted 2-0 :o
Anyway the normal MO is for me to go fish somewhere with my buddy while the wife uses the timeshare we own. I haven't been there forever and I don't care if I ever go back.
This sort of thing is how separate vacations began :rolleyes:
Anyway, It's been a while since I've tried to come up with a good fishing worthy time share trade.... and I'm not sure that there even is one.
Any ideas ?

theboz 01-24-2013 06:47 PM

Re: Time-shares

Rip along with my Dad Ive owned 2 timeshares one in Estero island Florida and one in North Carilina. We sold them both but I miss the great fishing I had in the Florida one. Monster Snook , Sea trout and Tarpon right in front of the timeshare! And a little bit down the road Boca Grande where I had some of the greatest fishing ever! I do believe the timeshare used to be an RCA one and is tradeable!
A funny little story about the North Carolins one : my mom and dad went every year but I had no interest being that I was told the river behind it was lousy fishing and that I have no desire to play golf ! Well I'm watching this fishing show and there are these guys hammering bid Redfish on the Neuse River and as the camera pans the landscape there is our timeshare! Of course at that point we had sold it!
One other good timeshare experience I can relate is winning a 4 day vacation to Stowe Vermont in the summertime. My kids were young and were disappointed because we were going to a ski resort with no snow. Well I found a bunch of streams with good populations of natives so Daddy was not disappointed!
If you want any info on these timeshares feel free to pm me and I'll dig out the info. The Estero Island one is a treasure!

williamhj 01-24-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theboz (Post 519766)
I had no interest being that I was told the river behind it was lousy fishing

I've learned that when someone says the fishing is lousy there a greater than 50% chance it's great and they want to keep it for themselves.

theboz 01-24-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by williamhj (Post 519770)
I've learned that when someone says the fishing is lousy there a greater than 50% chance it's great and they want to keep it for themselves.

Yep but the worst part it was my Dad saying it !

williamhj 01-24-2013 07:37 PM

ouch! that's cold lol

theboz 01-24-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by williamhj (Post 519778)
ouch! that's cold lol

Haha! Nah he just wanted it for himself to golf I think. He just assumed the river was no good. For him if you had to cast it was no good! If you could drop to the bottom and yank one up then it was good! Bottom fisherman to the end!