The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By williamhj
  • 1 Post By theboz
  • 1 Post By williamhj
  • 1 Post By theboz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 05:30 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Time-shares

The wife and I have had a time share for nearly 30 years.
I was against it from the start but got out voted 2-0
Anyway the normal MO is for me to go fish somewhere with my buddy while the wife uses the timeshare we own. I haven't been there forever and I don't care if I ever go back.
This sort of thing is how separate vacations began
Anyway, It's been a while since I've tried to come up with a good fishing worthy time share trade.... and I'm not sure that there even is one.
Any ideas ?
Old 01-24-2013, 06:47 PM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Time-shares

Rip along with my Dad Ive owned 2 timeshares one in Estero island Florida and one in North Carilina. We sold them both but I miss the great fishing I had in the Florida one. Monster Snook , Sea trout and Tarpon right in front of the timeshare! And a little bit down the road Boca Grande where I had some of the greatest fishing ever! I do believe the timeshare used to be an RCA one and is tradeable!
A funny little story about the North Carolins one : my mom and dad went every year but I had no interest being that I was told the river behind it was lousy fishing and that I have no desire to play golf ! Well I'm watching this fishing show and there are these guys hammering bid Redfish on the Neuse River and as the camera pans the landscape there is our timeshare! Of course at that point we had sold it!
One other good timeshare experience I can relate is winning a 4 day vacation to Stowe Vermont in the summertime. My kids were young and were disappointed because we were going to a ski resort with no snow. Well I found a bunch of streams with good populations of natives so Daddy was not disappointed!
If you want any info on these timeshares feel free to pm me and I'll dig out the info. The Estero Island one is a treasure!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 01-24-2013, 07:13 PM

williamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
I had no interest being that I was told the river behind it was lousy fishing
I've learned that when someone says the fishing is lousy there a greater than 50% chance it's great and they want to keep it for themselves.
theboz likes this.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:21 PM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
I've learned that when someone says the fishing is lousy there a greater than 50% chance it's great and they want to keep it for themselves.
Yep but the worst part it was my Dad saying it !
williamhj likes this.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:37 PM

williamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant future

ouch! that's cold lol
woodrivertroutbum likes this.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
ouch! that's cold lol
Haha! Nah he just wanted it for himself to golf I think. He just assumed the river was no good. For him if you had to cast it was no good! If you could drop to the bottom and yank one up then it was good! Bottom fisherman to the end!
williamhj likes this.