The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Honest Opinions Requested... (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/308951-honest-opinions-requested.html)

kwb 01-25-2013 07:35 AM

Honest Opinions Requested...

So it's been single digit temps here in Michigan, I cannot sit and tie flies for long periods of time and I have read all the books I currently own.

I always kind of had a thing for writing, rather enjoy it if you will.

So last night I threw this site together and wrote what I guess you could call an article of sorts.

Was curious what you guys thought, be honest I promise not to cry LOL.

I don't believe this is against site policy to post this link as this is a totally non-profit thing and just for fun. If it is, I apologize in advance.

junkyardfly.com

plecain 01-25-2013 08:05 AM

Re: Honest Opinions Requested...

Change the font.

It's hard to read on a 22" screen. On a tablet or smart phone, it's nearly impossible.

wabi 01-25-2013 08:14 AM

Good enough to make me wish I could head south and give it a try! :D

kwb 01-25-2013 08:23 AM

Better? Thank you!

plecain 01-25-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwb (Post 519909)
Better? Thank you!

Yes, better.

il_wi_fishing 01-25-2013 08:30 AM

i would go into blogger template editor and play with the widths a bit

in the template section you should be able to shrink both the width of the entire blog as well as the side bars and ect

on my screen its got a scroll bar on the bottom so you have to side scroll a bit to see the entire page and think it should all fit on one screen

i like the font and the color selection as well but you also have the option to go in and take the placeholders off of your photos so they would show flat against the background

i know your quite the photographer and you might appreciate the photos not being automatically framed. that option can be changed in the settings tab from the dashboard

Great start KB

need any help navigating blogger dashboard ill be happy to help

kwb 01-25-2013 08:36 AM

I had adjusted the widths how they are, was not aware that on some computers you wouldn't be able to view the whole thing, I will have to shrink it down some. Thanks!!!

Will also look into getting rid of the frames!

il_wi_fishing 01-25-2013 08:41 AM

sometimes the best thing you can do is look at your page on multiple computers/screens because they will always look different

my monitor at home is much wider then the one at work and that is sure to make a difference

also be sure to view it in different browsers because the css plays out different from chrome to ie, ect....

kwb 01-25-2013 08:44 AM

Adjusted the width down some, better???

My screen is pretty small here at work, looks oK here.

il_wi_fishing 01-25-2013 08:46 AM

no scrolling side bar any more!