The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 03:42 PM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future
Default Somerset Fly Fishing Show

Anyone going to the show? I've gone every year since the first one so hopefully the snow let's up here so I can hit it Sunday! Always some good stuff to see . One thing that always sticks out in my memories of the show is when Joan Wulff took my 10 year old daughter ( now 24) up to the casting area for some instruction! She still talks about it!
shotgunfly likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 01-25-2013, 07:20 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all
Default Re: Somerset Fly Fishing Show

Nah, I'm going to Lancaster.

-- John Gierach

blog: http://www.thefinfeatherandfur.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefinfeatherandfur
My TU:
http://massanuttentu.com
Old 01-25-2013, 08:37 PM

williamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant future

I wish! It sounds like fun but the drive might be a bit much.
theboz likes this.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:08 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Damn it John, I forgot to call you and saw this post too late! We just left about half an hour ago.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

The crew stopped for a pic with Bob Clouser. He signed their hats, and I asked him to sign the lumps on the back of my head courtesy of his handy work

Click the image to open in full size.
theboz, shotgunfly and stuie675 like this.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:43 PM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future

Marco that's awesome!! Always love the way they treat the kids , everyone! I was talking with Bob early in the day. He is a wealth of knowledge! Glad you and the kids had fun! I did ! I'm like a big kid when I go anyway!
Old 01-27-2013, 05:48 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
Marco that's awesome!! Always love the way they treat the kids , everyone! I was talking with Bob early in the day. He is a wealth of knowledge! Glad you and the kids had fun! I did ! I'm like a big kid when I go anyway!
It's always a great day, like a reunion every year. I dragged Nick Curcione and the new TFO Pandion two handed rod outside for about 45 minutes. Needless to say i just ordered one an hour ago
Old 01-27-2013, 05:52 PM

The kids all wearing vests and TFO hats very cool!

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Everybody seems to be on the TFO crew now!
Old 01-27-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
The kids all wearing vests and TFO hats very cool!
You wouldn't believe the bags of swag they come home with every year. Stickers, indicators, tying material, over a dozenn flies a piece. They really get treated like royalty. I did notice Lefty wasn't around, hope it was just a scheduling issue.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:08 PM

Just told my son that you got your Clouser lumps signed and he roared!! Said I should have gotten all the ones he gave me with a Clouser In one day in Miami framed and signed!! Haha so funny!!

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
You wouldn't believe the bags of swag they come home with every year. Stickers, indicators, tying material, over a dozenn flies a piece. They really get treated like royalty. I did notice Lefty wasn't around, hope it was just a scheduling issue.
Yeah I didn't see him or Popovics either . But it was crowded and they could have been somewhere else. They treat the kids the best ! My kids all remember tying and casting there when they were young and they're all adults now
Old 01-27-2013, 06:08 PM

joebloe has a spectacular aura aboutjoebloe has a spectacular aura aboutjoebloe has a spectacular aura about

just got home a little while ago - had a nice time with my son - met some good people - Lefty was there -
Click the image to open in full size.
swirlchaser and theboz like this.