The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 10:01 AM

bruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the rough
Default Hello Again All

After about 10 month of non stop work I am done with that job and back to my life and family. I have been doing massive amounts of hours to get a job done and literally only have had 3 weekends off since last May. Been working nights and double shifts all along. Needless to say I didn't have too much time for fishing, or anything else for that matter. In fact I still have most of the flies I tied last winter, but I'm at my tying station today for the first time in a long time and it feels good. I've been checking in from time to time but not taking part in any fishing or tying I've not chimed in on any conversation.
anyway it's nice to sit at the desk and get lost in my vise for a while, good to be back.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:06 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello Again All

Bruce: Welcome back, sounds like you are way over due for some fishing!

Larry
Old 01-27-2013, 10:17 AM

bruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the rough

Thanks, I sure am due. I actually started tying last night and noticed right off how rusty I am, but it's coming back quickly. Starting off with a few copper johns and will move onto some winged wets maybe after these.
Please don't misunderstand my OP as being ungrateful for the work I've been lucky enough to have, I do know many are without.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:31 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Understand completely Bruce, working thru that scenario myself. Very grateful for the work but the home life is...I miss my wife and two girls. Glad to hear you're back home for a while and look forward to your posts.

Dave
Old 01-27-2013, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back Bruce...you deserve a good rest and some good fishing outings...for sure
Old 01-27-2013, 10:50 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear things are getting back to normal for you and good to have you posting again. Hopefully you'll enjoy some much deserved time at the tying bench and time on the river very soon.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:59 AM

Well It's becoming apparent I need to spend some more time on copper Johns before I move onto something more difficult, lol.

Dave, I hope your wife is as understanding and helpful as mine, she literally ran the home front operation, as I was effectively away for months. It's tough on a marriage, Good luck.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:33 AM

lthrnk03 is a jewel in the roughlthrnk03 is a jewel in the roughlthrnk03 is a jewel in the rough

Welcome back! What have you been doing the last 10 months that have kept you so busy??
Old 01-27-2013, 11:45 AM

Rewiring one of the main runways at Newark airport, hence all the nights and weekends, they don't want to shut the runway down during the weekdays.