The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 04:55 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wheatley Having Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
From my understanding REC Components in Connecticut took over the manufacturing of Wheatley fly boxes. Both companies carry fine reputations.
I view this as good news and find it promising that a U.S.-based company has what it takes to save a well established company from another country for a change. With a little luck and smart thinking I hope we can see more manufacturing growth on this side of the ponds. Goodness knows that country that seemed to have gained the worlds manufacturing jobs seems to be doing quite well because of that.
My fingers are firmly crossed in hopes that the Wheatley/REC partnership makes no losers in this deal, from the owners on down to the long-time Wheatley users.
Whole heartedly agree with you on this. It's a wonderful thing to see US based business giving CPR to a well respected and known company outside of the states, especially one steeped in angling history and tradition in the UK. Hopefully this story has a good ending for both countries and both businesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt05254 View Post
Hey, I've been saving them for a rainy day just like this one!
[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

What incredible foresight on my part. Yeah, that's the ticket! Foresight! Who knew???

Gary
That is probably the most impressive personal collection of fly boxes I have ever seen. I have been in fly shops with less boxes and bins than that!

Very very cool!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:02 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

"That is probably the most impressive personal collection of fly boxes I have ever seen. I have been in fly shops with less boxes and bins than that!"

Ya, I probly lost control there for awhile. All better now. heh heh.
Gary
Old 01-29-2013, 05:04 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

By all means Gary, you did it right!