The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 07:26 PM

akruss will become famous soon enough
Default Wheatley Having Problems

I ordered a few things directly from Richard Wheatley in UK as I was not able to find them in the US. RWL e:mailed me today to say they were in liquidation and the liquidator would be contacting me shortly as they already debited my credit card. I've always liked Wheatley fly boxes. Back when I was a kid, they were the only good fly boxes around. My wife purchased a new 32 compartment RWL dry fly box for me for Christmas and I'm in the process of rebuilding/changing some of my clip boxes. It's a passage ...
Old 01-27-2013, 08:22 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wheatley Having Problems

Uncle Gary is going to love this, he has enough Wheatley boxes to start his own retail shop!

Dave
mcnerney, gt05254 and caseywise like this.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:27 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

yes,.....yes he does
and some sweet flies inside of them.

casey
mcnerney and gt05254 like this.

ARFE
Old 01-28-2013, 09:29 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

I think we will see more of this sort of thing happening. With the availability of fly boxes and many other items being direct ordered from China and Korea people are going the route of the less expensive items. With times as they are it is hard to blame them but sad to see happening. On some things prices were getting pretty crazy and perhaps this is an evolution of the industry, don't know.
wt bash and littledavid123 like this.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:43 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

From my understanding REC Components in Connecticut took over the manufacturing of Wheatley fly boxes. Both companies carry fine reputations.
I view this as good news and find it promising that a U.S.-based company has what it takes to save a well established company from another country for a change. With a little luck and smart thinking I hope we can see more manufacturing growth on this side of the ponds. Goodness knows that country that seemed to have gained the worlds manufacturing jobs seems to be doing quite well because of that.
My fingers are firmly crossed in hopes that the Wheatley/REC partnership makes no losers in this deal, from the owners on down to the long-time Wheatley users.
imxer, jaybo41 and bruce m like this.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:07 AM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

Hey, I've been saving them for a rainy day just like this one!
[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

What incredible foresight on my part. Yeah, that's the ticket! Foresight! Who knew???

Gary
Jackster, jaybo41, wt bash and 4 others like this.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:32 AM

bugslinger is on a distinguished road

Truly , great foresight.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:46 AM

akruss will become famous soon enough

I looked at the REC Components website as suggeted by Jackster, REC Reel Seats,Rod Case,Cork,RECOIL Guides,Rod Building Supplies and they state they're manufacturing Wheatley fly boxes in "New England." They even advertise the clip inserts I was trying to find.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:25 AM

coug will become famous soon enoughcoug will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by akruss View Post
I looked at the REC Components website as suggeted by Jackster, REC Reel Seats,Rod Case,Cork,RECOIL Guides,Rod Building Supplies and they state they're manufacturing Wheatley fly boxes in "New England." They even advertise the clip inserts I was trying to find.
Good news! Wheatley's and steelheading just go together.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:36 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Dang, Uncle Gary will have to add "Made In England" to his new business sign.

Dave