The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 05:32 PM

montanawildoutdoors is on a distinguished road
Talking Winter Fishing in SOLITUDE

There's nothing better than having the entire river to yourself. The winter months here in Montana give us that opportunity. The fish still have to eat right? This past weekend I spent an amazing day on the river!
VIDEO BELOW
SOLITUDE on Vimeo
Old 01-28-2013, 05:44 PM

dakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Winter Fishing in SOLITUDE

Nicely done!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:56 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

Very cool, thanks for sharing
Old 01-28-2013, 08:06 PM

frogg will become famous soon enoughfrogg will become famous soon enough

Great video! Thanks for sharing it.
Now I really want to go fishing...

Chris
Old 01-28-2013, 09:53 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

I enjoy some winter fishing for that reason, solitude. I enjoy the scenery and just being out on the water in the Winter. Thanks for putting the work into your video and sharing it.[COLOR="Silver"]
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:18 AM

brucerducer will become famous soon enoughbrucerducer will become famous soon enough

Hey there MontanaWildOutdoors:

That is one of the most beautifully sequenced and edited pieces of video that I have ever seen. The quality was very high, and because your video clearly showed your indicator and "the take" it contained strong action sequences. One of the great techniques you had, which many videomakers miss, is the close up shots. Many video makers show you some guy about 40 feet away, casting into a line in the water, where nothing else can be clearly seen. You really know how to do this visual presentation at the highest level. The sequences of snow-covered rocks, the sunlight angles, and your approach to the stream were a great piece of storytelling.

The solitude theme is something many can identify with.

Thanks for taking the trouble to post it. Your idea for the video was just awesome. I look forward to seeing more videos from you.
montanawildoutdoors and 1move like this.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:40 AM

bugslinger is on a distinguished road

That video inspired me so much, I grabbed my parka,rod,waders,favorite fishing hat ( mad bomber), snow shoes and a pint if ole' Uncle jack and let out for the water. I then realized it was two 2 in the morning and 58 f. I'm still in the keys. Nice video though
Old 01-29-2013, 07:11 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

EXtremely well done, and I too am inspired to break out the rod and hit the river. Hopefully this coming weekend. Winter is my favorite time to hit the river, and solitude is one of the reasons I like winter fishing. My wife says it is because I'm nuts, but, no tubers, swimmers, crowds, etc is the real reason, and maybe I am a little nuts too.

Dave

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:22 AM

osok will become famous soon enoughosok will become famous soon enough

Excellent, thanks.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:25 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Great video! Thanks for posting it. Last time I went winter fishing I had the river to myself, even the fish left me alone