The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 09:00 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: anybody doing any fishing?

if i ice fished, i'd be hittin shabbonna a few times a week. but i have not gone there yet(plan too).
we are making our trip during the first week of march to the sw end of michigan. gonna hit some tribs of the st. joe.

casey

ARFE
Old 01-29-2013, 09:07 PM

pkins44 will become famous soon enoughpkins44 will become famous soon enough

I made it out for an hour this morning but no luck. The river was swollen and running fast. 60* today with thunderstorms and 34* with snow tomorrow. I love the midwest.

http://www.dupageriverflyfishing.com
Old 01-30-2013, 07:48 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: anybody doing any fishing?

Bad case of 'Cabin Fever' yesterday so tossed a couple of 2handers in the Jeep's rod rack and Yellow Lab in back. Off to the Rogue for a bit of early Winter Run fishing.

Drove up and did an instant 'Ah Ship!' Water flow was a tad on the high side (not enough to keep you from fishing) but the water clarity was a Woozer. Been ages since I've seen that section of the river 'Blown Out.' Visibility was maybe 18 to 24 inches.

With a fly rod (at least the one's I had with me) a total waste of Petrol.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:10 AM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Fished all morning yesterday...one rainbow about 2lb. They just weren't eating anything. But, there are more days to come.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:33 AM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

Enjoy the cabin and the fishing, good luck
Old 01-30-2013, 09:53 AM

dakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura about

Not much opportunity to fly fish this time of year in our area, so I also get on the ice to catch fish.
Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Unfortunately, the weather can't seem to decide whether it wants to be Winter or Spring. Yesterday hit 60 degrees and tomorrow we are expected to have a high of 13. So all equipment remains at the ready for whatever nature throws our way. My neighbors must think I'm crazy to see me lawn casting my fly rod in January.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:02 AM

il_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura aboutil_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura about

dakota kid, that photo isnt showing for me,

anyone up for some icefishing let me know

Illinois Wisconsin Fishing
Old 01-30-2013, 10:06 AM

long bow will become famous soon enough

Lately the rivers have been floating icebergs. Something about having a nymph rig constantly re-enact the end scene from Titanic is enough to make this guy head back indoors and tie for Spring.
il_wi_fishing likes this.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:07 AM

dakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura about

Didn't upload my photo in the last message, so here goes.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:08 AM

il_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura aboutil_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura about

you have to use photbucket or imageshack or a hosting site like that

Illinois Wisconsin Fishing