The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree16Likes
  • 6 Post By nick k
  • 1 Post By jaybo41
  • 6 Post By itchmesir
  • 1 Post By nick k
  • 2 Post By fredaevans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 02:31 PM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light
Default Flies make great wallpaper at work

Because itís the winter and Iím having fly fishing withdrawals, I decided to spice up my workplace and make everything a little more.....fly (see what I did there?).

Here's what I ended up with. I expect to fill up the wall by the time I can stand outside long enough to take my fly rod out of its tube without catching frostbite.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

As I create new flies, I add them to the wall. This makes for an impressive talking point for coworkers, as well as a nice backdrop to admire when the day gets rough.

So what have you guys been doing to keep fly fishing on your mind this winter?
Old 01-30-2013, 02:39 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flies make great wallpaper at work

Those are some great looking flies, I hope you pinched the barb on them. Those cubicle walls could make removal of barbed hooks interesting

Tying flies, reading angling books, magazines, tying flies, browsing the forums, acquiring new gear, maintaining my current gear and planning my spring trip are all ways I pass the time in the off season.
drc likes this.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:42 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

That's pretty fly... for a white guy
Old 01-30-2013, 03:13 PM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light

I didnt think about the barbs until the other day when a colleague walked in, plucked on off the wall to inspect, then jammed it back in. I spent the next 5 minutes trying to free it, only succeeding after my green inchworm fly became unwillingly articulated.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:17 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty cool idea, but what' up with the red walls. Fast food places use red because it supposedly agitates people and makes them want to order more food.

Dave
Old 01-30-2013, 03:22 PM

Actually didnt realize how sharp the color was until I viewed my own post. Red is the color of my companies logo and thus it's official color I guess.
gt05254 likes this.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:53 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Flies make great wallpaper at work

A very cool idea. Have two boards, one just inside the front door of "The Nest" here and all visiting (bunk over) fishermen/women have to tack on one of their fav flies. The other is the cloth head board over the door in the Motor Home.

Great to look at either and 'Ah, that was 'xyz's.'

fae
jaybo41 and osok like this.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:44 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick k View Post
Actually didnt realize how sharp the color was until I viewed my own post. Red is the color of my companies logo and thus it's official color I guess.
You don't happen to work for Bayada nurses, do you? I've done a bunch of renovations for them, and their red walls are eye killers to paint!
Gary
Old 01-30-2013, 08:20 PM

No not bayada nurses. Luckily not all our walls are red.