The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 07:43 PM

drc has a spectacular aura aboutdrc has a spectacular aura about
Default Bass question

Just curious, what's the biggest bass ever caught on the fly? and where?
Old 01-30-2013, 08:20 PM

turbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really nice
Default Re: Bass question

I'm betting it's in Texas...

BTW - you might as well have posted "hey bass-holes, please tell lies here _______

I can't wait for this thread to play out
Old 01-30-2013, 08:49 PM

jimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura about

A 16 pound 12oz largemouth was caught at Castaic laggon Ca. on 8# tippet in 2009 and for smallmouth its 6 pound 12oz on 20# tippet caught at Basswood lake Mo. in 1997. this info came from IGFA
Guest1 likes this.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:00 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I just went and dug out my IGFA record book and jimw beat me to it.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:33 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

My IGFA book came in the mail today Jim was faster on the draw. I was to busy reading it!

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Spotted Bass was 6 lb 5oz from Allabama.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 01-30-2013, 09:33 PM

biggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nice

How about that? I would've guessed Florida.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:39 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Not counting Japan biggest (most 20 lbers) come out of California!

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

But they are Florida strain!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 01-31-2013, 06:14 AM

jimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
I just went and dug out my IGFA record book and jimw beat me to it.
Hey Dan there an app for that.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:55 AM

kwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to all

So a 6 pound 12 ounce Smallie is the biggest ever recorded on the fly?

Isn't there some new special Boga grips certified to record your catch for these records so you can release them?

Can you have them in a mesh bag and weigh them? Would never want to hang a Smallie of that size from his jaw.

My guess is you take video on your phone while weighing the fish as proof and have a credible witness or two with you?
Old 01-31-2013, 07:13 AM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

A credible witness or two ?

Credible witness's do not associate with fishermen.