The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree108Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 01:15 PM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice
Default The things you see while fishing....

Some cool pictures and videos I captured while fishing in FL:

Click the image to open in full size.

Manatee

Old 02-01-2013, 01:37 PM

frogg will become famous soon enoughfrogg will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The things you see while fishing....

There's a local pond I like to fish where I've seen a bagpiper, yes, I said a bagpiper, on a few occations. I'm guessing he/she lives near by and goes to the secluded pond to practice. It was always cool to hear the pipes while bringing in a few bass. (Sorry, no pics of the piper.)
There were always a couple other guests of the pond as well.

Chris
mcnerney and brucerducer like this.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:45 PM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough

I had some muskrats swimming around me the other weekend, I could have literally reached out and touched one of them, but I just did my thing and they did theirs. I will admit I didnt take my eye of them when they would get close expecting them to leap on me or something lol
mcnerney and brucerducer like this.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:54 PM

mysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to behold

You guys must be fishing in a scenic place...the only 'scenic' things I come across on a local tailwater are used tires, empty beer bottles & empty bait containers....

I try to pick up as much trash as I can every-time I fish there...
Old 02-01-2013, 02:06 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogg View Post
There's a local pond I like to fish where I've seen a bagpiper, yes, I said a bagpiper, on a few occations. I'm guessing he/she lives near by and goes to the secluded pond to practice. It was always cool to hear the pipes while bringing in a few bass. (Sorry, no pics of the piper.)
I've seen that myself, a bagpiper marching up and down a secluded beach.
Piping to the piping plovers as it were

The wildest thing that I've ever seen was a great white shark pick a seal off the surface.
It happened in a split second, it was at a distance, there were other people there that saw nothing... but I know what I saw.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:24 PM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice

Nice heron. The portion of the Charles River I fish on in MA has a family of heron living there. They are all in a nest at the top of a log sticking out of the shallow water.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:35 PM

kingofamberley is on a distinguished road

One time last summer I was fishing a SW Ohio river, and downstream there was a whole family riding an ATV with a trailer around IN the water, splashing all over the place. I patiently fished upstream and waited to see if they would leave as afternoon turned in to evening. Finally some of them boarded the ATV and disappeared in to the woods. Assuming the coast was clear, I began to work my way downstream, when they rose above the trees in this thing!:
After I took this picture, they lowered the balloon down, dunked the bottom of the basket in the river, then proceeded to fly up and away. Those people on the ground in the picture thought it was just about the funniest thing they had ever seen. Strange day.

I was also witness to a large wildfire on this same river bend about a week before this event. Probably caused by careless cabrewers. A fire dpt canoe with a hose pump had to come put it out.

LOVE those manatees BTW, quite different scenery than Ohio!

Last edited by kingofamberley; 02-01-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:43 PM

Now THAT is an impressive story.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:52 PM

kingofamberley is on a distinguished road

Thanks lol, its nothing compared to those manatees though. Nothing like that around here (well, some of the people are similar sized...)!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:54 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/ph...0/P1070419.JPG

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/ph...0/P1070408.JPG
mcnerney likes this.