The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 08:46 PM

chuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nice
Default Re: Knot - It-Up

Knot tying is an art with a lot of science mixed in for those who really wnat to max their chances at a once in a lifetime fish. Change mono brands and the knots characteristics may change, change the tyer and again the characteristics change. Above that change materials and go to FC or Spectra and the knot may slip, get better, snap, or unravel. Some knots like saliva as a lube while other don't like that at all. TV shows feature one knot against another and that gives a lot of info--see "Knot Wars," as a search term. As for the Davy it's a great one at near 100 % and yes some knots/wraps do exceed the 100% while others such as the Trilene Knot is near 100% also.. Last I heard btw the "fishing fool" was top knot in the knot versus knot category.
Chuck S

"I've traveled many roads and some weren't paved."
Will Rodgers

http://fishing-folks.blogspot.com/
Old 02-05-2013, 02:12 AM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Knot - It-Up

Trilene Knot is what I go with for hook to tippet and furled leader to tippet, blood knot for tapering.

I have always used the Trilene or Cinch knot, depending on hook size. No issues really on either, typically my issue is using to small of a tippet for the fish size, which is user error.

Also make sure to spit on it before pulling tight.
Guest1 likes this.

Last edited by stuie675; 02-05-2013 at 02:29 AM.