The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 08:04 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tappered leg fleece pants with pockets?

Maybe I'm 'Looking for love in all the wrong places' but have hit a local 'wall' in finding tapered leg fleece under wader pants for winter fishing. Just a pant is no big deal, but one with actual pockets is eluding me.

Anyone know if/where they're available?
Old 02-03-2013, 08:15 AM

whalensdad is a jewel in the roughwhalensdad is a jewel in the roughwhalensdad is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Tappered leg fleece pants with pockets?

This is what I got from Cabela's. There is a single pocket in the back. That was the best I could find.

Cabela's Fleece Pants
Old 02-03-2013, 08:21 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Saw those but I'm looking for at least one front pocket (car keys sort of thing). You'd think someone marketing this sort of thing would be a no brainer ......
Old 02-03-2013, 08:25 AM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Tapered leg fleece pants with pockets?

These have two side pockets and a rear pocket.

Nike Fleece Open Bottom Pant
Old 02-03-2013, 09:17 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go Fred, front pockets and a zippered rear pocket. You might want to check the coupons on the forum, there have been lots of good offers from Fishwest.

http://www.fishwest.net/flyfishing/p...w#.UQ6AYqXhFUQ
Old 02-03-2013, 09:52 AM

Sep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of light

I wear the Simms Coldweather Pants under my waders these cold days. Fleece lined. A variety of pockets. Slick finish and cinch cuff for easy slide into waders.

And they look good enough to be seen in public after you slip out of your gear.

Simms ColdWeather Pant

Mike

Last edited by Sep; 02-04-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:58 AM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

I have two pairs of fleece wader pants that i bought from Columbia. Love them, super comfy.

The have a new model now that has their "omni-heat" liner inside. I have a few fleece pull overs with this liner and it actually works very well. My old pairs have pockets and a zipper. I would imagine that the new ones do too.

Columbia Sportswear | Men’s PHG™ Wader Pant
Old 02-03-2013, 10:16 AM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vans View Post
I have two pairs of fleece wader pants that i bought from Columbia. Love them, super comfy.

The have a new model now that has their "omni-heat" liner inside. I have a few fleece pull overs with this liner and it actually works very well. My old pairs have pockets and a zipper. I would imagine that the new ones do too.

Columbia Sportswear | Men’s PHG™ Wader Pant
These get good reviews and are available at good discounts from the $80 MSRP. Many of the reviews say that the sizing is 'large' or 'huge', so check that out, too.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:47 AM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

Columbia stuff does run a bit large.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:16 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

I have the Cabela's fleece pants and it has 2 front pockets and one zippered back pocket. It also shows this in the photograph if you zoom in.