The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 08:06 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of
Default I need an online source for flies

Second that vote for Hills Discount flies. They hooked me up with a discount when I mentioned it was my first order with them and that I had read good stuff about them on this forum. Brandon is a nice guy and the flies are well worth the money.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:37 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I need an online source for flies

I use to buy my flies from BigYFly caught plenty of fish with their flies.. built well enough for the price tag.. under $1 per fly
Old 02-06-2013, 08:47 PM

jsquires has a spectacular aura aboutjsquires has a spectacular aura about

Lord, I hate to say this (almost can't type it), but I agree with Fred.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquires View Post
John: That was great, I got a real chuckle out of that.

Another source that I use from time to time on the really small stuff is BigHornFlies. Eric used to be a member here, but hasn't posted in quite awhile, he ties some really quality stuff and he is reasonably priced, most of his flies are $1. Buy Bighorn River Flies | Info About Fly Fishing Bighorn River - Bighorn Flies

Old 02-06-2013, 10:31 PM

frogg will become famous soon enoughfrogg will become famous soon enough

I'm glad this thread started when it did.
I've been wanting to pick up some bass and maybe some pike flies from Flyshack. Most of what I'm hearing is about dries and trout flies. Does anyone have any input on their warmwater flies?

BTW: I've found a great source of information on flyfishing here.
Thank you!

Chris
Old 02-06-2013, 10:38 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: I need an online source for flies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquires View Post

O My God ... a flood of Warm and Fuzzy just enveloped Me. I think I'll take off all my bath robe and walk naked in the cold night air. Not sure how the neighbors will take to that .....
mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:40 PM

codypom is on a distinguished road

I am new to all of this, but I have been very satisfied with flyshack.com While I don't feel I have the experience to qualify their quality, their service is excellent. I ordered a couple of their assortments, one of which was out of stock on the website. I called to ask about it and they said they would piece one together for me. I have a few of there clouser minnows, and some other large flies and they appear to be well made, although I got them late in the season and didn't get much time fish them. They have free shipping over $35 and they are very quick.
frogg likes this.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:20 PM

jsquires has a spectacular aura aboutjsquires has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
O My God ... a flood of Warm and Fuzzy just enveloped Me. I think I'll take off all my bath robe and walk naked in the cold night air. Not sure how the neighbors will take to that .....
If you're going to be walking naked, don't bring any of those defective lighters along.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:45 AM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough

When I go down south to fish there is a local guy with a shop I always stop by, super nice fellow, and he is a guide so he will point me in the right direction on what is working, I like buying his stuff since he is a Missourian like myself and does good business. Plus his pricing is hard to beat, the place is called Dead Drift Fly Shop for anyone visiting that area.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:12 AM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogg View Post
I'm glad this thread started when it did.
I've been wanting to pick up some bass and maybe some pike flies from Flyshack. Most of what I'm hearing is about dries and trout flies. Does anyone have any input on their warmwater flies?

BTW: I've found a great source of information on flyfishing here.
Thank you!

Chris
check out Reelflies.ca