The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 09:24 AM

1move has a spectacular aura about1move has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: I need an online source for flies

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
check out Reelflies.ca
Check out post #2

I need an online source for flies
Old 02-07-2013, 10:47 AM

derelict is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickj View Post
I've found flyshack.com to be very well-priced with a good selection and quality flies.
Absolutely. Good quality too.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:34 PM

mrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to behold

Okay...I am going to list this, so please don't bash me too hard...

Trout Fly Fishing Flies @ US$ 2.90 per Dozen Wholesale Price

Its out of Kenya. Small flies, even bead heads are as low as .24 per fly. I have gotten two orders, and the hooks are good, the tie quality is okay....not great....but okay. Good enough to catch fish.

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:18 PM

countr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud of

Awesome information here. Thanks to all who replied. Can't wait to peruse through these sites.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:22 PM

bugslinger is on a distinguished road

Orvis has probaly the best all around selection and some are a buckfitty like the ones you mentioned that can be tied at half the cost.

Charlie
Old 02-07-2013, 08:23 PM

romanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of light

hey OP

Fly Fishing Flies, The Fly Stop, Discount Fly Fishing, Trout & Steelhead Flies, Cheap Flies, Quality Fishing Equipment i have nothing but good things to say about it.
great customer service, guy is really quick to respond to emails with questions/etc.
i've done few orders there already (i just started tying recently) but for all the difficult flies ill continue buying here.
$0.50-$0.75 depending on what you're buying are some great prices.
all flies i had experience with have been great tie quality (1 attractor fell apart sorta quick, but that could have been due to me snagging some trees )
o what i should have said, site is very user friendly and all flies have great pictures.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:02 PM

mi_trouter is on a distinguished road

I use both hillsdiscountflies.com - buy flies online and Volusion Demo Store (tonto Creek Flies)
Hill's has a larger selection. Tonto Creek usually a bit better priced.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:06 PM

bighorn flies has a spectacular aura aboutbighorn flies has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
John: That was great, I got a real chuckle out of that.

Another source that I use from time to time on the really small stuff is BigHornFlies. Eric used to be a member here, but hasn't posted in quite awhile, he ties some really quality stuff and he is reasonably priced, most of his flies are $1. Buy Bighorn River Flies | Info About Fly Fishing Bighorn River - Bighorn Flies
Larry,
I'm still here I've just been real busy. I will try to post some more in the future.

Eric

Old 02-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighorn flies View Post
Larry,
I'm still here I've just been real busy. I will try to post some more in the future.

Eric
Eric: Good to hear from you. Are you doing any guiding or just concentrating on the fly tying business? I really miss seeing all those hogs you pull out of the Bighorn......post some photos whenever you get some time.

FYI: I did a horse pack trip into the Winds last summer with a couple 16 year old kids that had never fly fished before, so I brought along a couple old Orvis TLS 5 wts, gave them a short casting demo and off they went. We were camped above 10k ft and had a blast fishing those little black Caddis patterns I had bought from you the year before (as you know I hate tying those little dries). You loose count, but just guessing I would say we landed and released 50 or more Cutties, nothing real large but all really strong fighters and those kids just had a blast......I think I have them hooked on fly fishing. After the trip I gave them those rods as I don't use them any longer and I'm sure they will put them to good use.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:37 PM

bighorn flies has a spectacular aura aboutbighorn flies has a spectacular aura about

No guiding just tying flies and Fishing when I can. It's good to hear you got some kids hooked on Fly Fishing! Now if we could all do that, we could develop a great future for Fly Fishing.