The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 01:21 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Whats the deal with the Experience points?

Had to chuckle reading the who got an award on the top half of the link and then a few days later it appears to go away. How does someone 'give back' an award?

'The right hand giveth, the left hand taketh away' sort of thing?

Edit: Now this was interesting: http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/xperience.php

Last edited by fredaevans; 02-07-2013 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Add a link
Old 02-07-2013, 01:24 PM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whats the deal with the Experience points?

Yes. Apparently I just had to "hand in" my reward in return for a different one. Cant just be piling on medals around here, things would get out of control.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:02 PM

noreaster is a name known to allnoreaster is a name known to allnoreaster is a name known to allnoreaster is a name known to allnoreaster is a name known to allnoreaster is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Hang on to your hat Noreaster; just watching the weather forecast and appears you're about to get hammered snow wise.

Fred
Truer words have never been spoken. Its crazy, after just making reference to noreaster's we're going to get slammed with an actual Nor'easter. Could see as much as 75 centimeters (approx. 30 inches). On the bright side, the water table could use the extra precipitation for all the little troutskie's.
i am tired of the snow though. Ready for spring and tight lines.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:14 PM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light

Supposed to get up to 3ft by me. Weathermen are comparing it to the blizzard of 78.....not that weathermen are ever correct around here....
woodrivertroutbum likes this.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:35 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

you guys hang tough up there.......looks like a doozie
spring will be here soon

casey

ARFE
Old 09-22-2015, 03:12 PM

wthorpe has a spectacular aura aboutwthorpe has a spectacular aura aboutwthorpe has a spectacular aura about

I just tripped over this thread trying to figure out if "experience" and "activities" really mean anything. (Apparently not. I was so hoping a new rod or reel was somehow involved.) But lurking in this thread is a strong preference for Snickers as a fly fishing food of choice. Mine actually is Payday bars. No chocy mess. Lotsa "healthy" nuts. And when they turn up in a pack or vest a year or two after I buy them, they don't look so good but they taste fine. When I periodically buy a case from a c-store, I know the clerks must be wondering how I convert them to some sort of hallucinogen. (If I were good enough at forum mechanics I might try to start a different thread on fly fishing food with all of these posts tossed -- but, I have no idea how to to do that. So here it is for what it's worth (very little actually!).
Old 09-22-2015, 03:27 PM

JoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud of

Years ago, my hunting partner and I would always buy fun-size snickers for our kids to carry in their hunting day packs. We'd unwrap them and put 8-10 in zip bags for each kid so they weren't crinkling wrappers at inopportune times.
Occasionally, the bags of candy would show up the following (we think) year in a coat pocket, camp chair pocket, or day pack. They really do last a long time, though they may be one large nutty clump.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privilege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 09-22-2015, 03:35 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreaster View Post
After so many experience points you gain a level. This entitles you to magic fly rods, that do amazing damage to large trout and steelhead. Also enchanted flies and walk on water spells, along with cloaks of invisibility so you can fish your favorite hole without interruption. You become like the Gandalf the Grey of fly fishermen. Or so I heard. If you're lucky you may run into the mischievous god of fly fishing Orvis watch out for his, magic reel. Its said that the sound of his reel singing can lull a fisherman into a trance. When they awake from it their fly boxes are usually empty. All legends i,ve heard anyway.
Well ... California, I had NO idea it was a 'Nude Beach!' 'Naked woooman's wading into the the Russian River. 'Can you teach me how to cast a fly rod?'

Took some serious thinking .. blank out, handed her the rod. Went and got another one out of the Jeep, 'Lord this is FUN!' Several of us fished together; Motor Home, headed for the Rouge River or the Chetco in Southern Oregon.

I was a 'straight arrow.' Kicked them out of bed at 0330 or 0400 and "LADIES GET YOUR XXXX out of bed's; breakfast time, we're off to the river."

Well, in my mid-late 60's,m do have one boy named after me. Melted my heart when I head about that.

His first birthday I sent him a fly rod with all the 'needs.' Later, hopefully.

fae