Whats the deal with the Experience points?

flcracker83

Reaction score
I was looking at my profile and I noticed a section for Experience. I was just curious about what that's for. If anyone can let me me in on the secret I would greatly appreciate it, as I'm still trying to figure out all the stuff on the forum :D

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Take a number sort of thing asking that question. Put your curser on same and you get some sort of silly comment. I think I'm at the cutting edge of no longer needing waders/boots as I could 'walk on water.'

One or two more lighted up green boxes? :confused: You're on a 'distinguished road,' I have a brilliant future. Just doesn't say at what.
:D

romanl

Reaction score
I was looking at my profile and I noticed a section for Experience. I was just curious about what that's for. If anyone can let me me in on the secret I would greatly appreciate it, as I'm still trying to figure out all the stuff on the forum :D
you get 1 point for every new type of trout you catch...... so you best get out there and get fishing :D:D:D:D

rayzor

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Once you hit a certain level you get a candy bar of your choice.
well ..... there was me thinking ...... Sage Circa...........:(

---------- Post added at 04:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 AM ----------

DAMN NATION! Now you tell me. I'm holding out for a box of Snickers. One of the greatest 'on river' food groups ever devised.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

fae
I always make sure there's Snickers in my backpack when I go Fishing !

wannafish

Reaction score
Seriously though...it seems when you reach a certain number of posts you get another green box...and if a moderator gives you rep you get another, and I think if a whole bunch of regular shlubs like me give you rep you eventually get another at some determined number of points. I may be wrong but it's my best guess.:)

Btw, Fred mentioned placing your cursor over the green boxes; I just figured that out a few days ago lol

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

What I wanna know is if you make an arse of yourself do the boxes start to disappear? :D

noreaster

Reaction score
After so many experience points you gain a level. This entitles you to magic fly rods, that do amazing damage to large trout and steelhead. Also enchanted flies and walk on water spells, along with cloaks of invisibility so you can fish your favorite hole without interruption. You become like the Gandalf the Grey of fly fishermen.:D Or so I heard. If you're lucky you may run into the mischievous god of fly fishing Orvis watch out for his, magic reel. Its said that the sound of his reel singing can lull a fisherman into a trance. When they awake from it their fly boxes are usually empty.:D All legends i,ve heard anyway.

Last edited:

chauncey

Reaction score
the only thing that sucks about a snickers is when its pretty damn cold out and you grab the one in your pack ands its almost frozen. I swear my mother would kill me if she knew I was chomping on a half frozen candy bar after all the dental work I've had....

nick k

Reaction score
Actually, the best on-the-river food would have to be those Uncrustable PB&J circle sandwiches. I know it sounds pretty childish, but you take a few out frozen in the morning, put them in your bag, they thaw out while you fish, then you om nom nom them when you get hungry. Soooooo soft and tasty. I mean, with a name like Smuckers, it has to be good....right?

FrankB2

Reaction score
If you like what some has posted (or posts in general), you can click on the scale in the upper right hand corner of that person's post. You'll be prompted to "submit", Judging from the number of squares I have, it doesn't take much... :D

nick k

Reaction score
You can also get awards here. I got one the other day called "Frequent Poster" which put that little multi-colored shield below my name.

I haven't seen anyone else with one of these (or any) logos yet though...maybe I'm just special....

flcracker83

Reaction score
So let me see if I get this straight, after so many posts I accumulate green boxes which will then either give me Snickers candy bars or turn me into a godly, invisible, fly fishing Gandalf the Grey with a magical fly rod of power that does extra damage against trout and salmon while Jimi Hendrix jams out in the background. Ummmm I'm gonna have to go with option number 2 please :p