The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 09:45 PM

flcracker83 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to flcracker83
Default Whats the deal with the Experience points?

I was looking at my profile and I noticed a section for Experience. I was just curious about what that's for. If anyone can let me me in on the secret I would greatly appreciate it, as I'm still trying to figure out all the stuff on the forum
Old 02-06-2013, 10:49 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Take a number sort of thing asking that question. Put your curser on same and you get some sort of silly comment. I think I'm at the cutting edge of no longer needing waders/boots as I could 'walk on water.'

One or two more lighted up green boxes? You're on a 'distinguished road,' I have a brilliant future. Just doesn't say at what.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:55 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the deal with the Experience points?

Oh baby I'm experienced.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:21 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Once you hit a certain level you get a candy bar of your choice.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:50 PM

romanl is a jewel in the roughromanl is a jewel in the roughromanl is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by flcracker83 View Post
I was looking at my profile and I noticed a section for Experience. I was just curious about what that's for. If anyone can let me me in on the secret I would greatly appreciate it, as I'm still trying to figure out all the stuff on the forum
you get 1 point for every new type of trout you catch...... so you best get out there and get fishing
mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:50 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Whats the deal with the Experience points?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
DAMN NATION! Now you tell me. I'm holding out for a box of Snickers. One of the greatest 'on river' food groups ever devised.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

fae
Old 02-07-2013, 12:27 AM

woodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the rough

I don't drink much soda but on the road a snickers and a diet coke usually hits the spot.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:22 AM
Banned

rayzor will become famous soon enoughrayzor will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
well ..... there was me thinking ...... Sage Circa...........

---------- Post added at 04:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
DAMN NATION! Now you tell me. I'm holding out for a box of Snickers. One of the greatest 'on river' food groups ever devised.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

fae
I always make sure there's Snickers in my backpack when I go Fishing !
Old 02-07-2013, 04:47 AM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

Seriously though...it seems when you reach a certain number of posts you get another green box...and if a moderator gives you rep you get another, and I think if a whole bunch of regular shlubs like me give you rep you eventually get another at some determined number of points. I may be wrong but it's my best guess.

Btw, Fred mentioned placing your cursor over the green boxes; I just figured that out a few days ago lol

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

What I wanna know is if you make an arse of yourself do the boxes start to disappear?
Old 02-07-2013, 04:50 AM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice

After so many experience points you gain a level. This entitles you to magic fly rods, that do amazing damage to large trout and steelhead. Also enchanted flies and walk on water spells, along with cloaks of invisibility so you can fish your favorite hole without interruption. You become like the Gandalf the Grey of fly fishermen. Or so I heard. If you're lucky you may run into the mischievous god of fly fishing Orvis watch out for his, magic reel. Its said that the sound of his reel singing can lull a fisherman into a trance. When they awake from it their fly boxes are usually empty. All legends i,ve heard anyway.

Last edited by noreaster; 02-07-2013 at 06:08 AM.