The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 10:55 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Looks like our Folks in the NE are about to get Hammered.

Get ready: Forecast calls for blizzard conditions in Bay State - Boston.com
Old 02-07-2013, 10:58 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looks like our Folks in the NE are about to get Hammered.

They just "upped' the total for around here to 2 feet
I've been out working on my snow blower..... still won't start
Old 02-07-2013, 11:06 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

I so hear you. Ever noticed this type of equipment works perfectly when you don't need same?
Old 02-07-2013, 11:06 AM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light

We can handle a couple of feet of snow.
The big problem is power.
I can go for about 3-4 days on the generator with the gasoline I have, but then I'll need to find a gas station who also has power.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:12 AM

woodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the rough

We love to fish in the snow.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrivertroutbum View Post
We love to fish in the snow.
Spookiest day I ever spent on a river was during a heavy snow fall. Green River in SE Seattle and the snow is pounding down. No big deal, but '405, a 6 or 8 lane freeway, is just across the river from me. Ton of traffic but the falling snow sucked up all sound. Like everything short of your own heart beat.

woodrivertroutbum likes this.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:47 PM

frogg will become famous soon enoughfrogg will become famous soon enough

I need to get gas for my snowblower tonight.
But I hope it's all for nothing. They've been wrong before...

Chris
Old 02-07-2013, 01:30 PM

woodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the rough

That does sound spooky Fae! Very eery.

I am glad we can avoid the highway to get to the river, in the snow it is the other drivers that I worry about. It seems there is always that guy that thinks they need to prove something by driving like there is no snow on the ground, that is how you end up in the ditch or worse, putting someone else in it.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:35 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

last i heard for this area was 6-8 inches. snoblower is down to here had to make a plow for back of tractor out of old water heater.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 02-07-2013, 01:40 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Just 2 years ago we had 7 feet total during the month of January including one storm that was the highest single area accumulation on record.
This is a piece of pie
woodrivertroutbum likes this.